Chapter 11: Changes

Začať od začiatku

She slightly nods at me then walk out to the door but my mother is seeming like a brat child who never stop to get what she wanted.

"Melinda, try again to contact them, make sure she will come tell that to anybody in charge there" she said still not losing her hopes. My secretary looking at me as if asking for my permission I just give her a slight nod as if telling her go with flow so my mother will stop with her dilemma.

"I will Ma'am"

I let out my sigh as my secretary walk out on my office.

"Marlon—-"

"Mom" I cut out whatever she might saying not because I don't want what she's thinking or saying but because I know what she might saying again.

"I just don't understand son it's been what? Six? Seven years? The last time I see her even talk to her... She didn't attend any single anniversary of the company since then... even a single call from her, she never did..." she said in her most painful voice.

"Mom... the important is we all know that she fine and she's doing a good job back in the Philippines...." I put down all my paper and walk to her. I hug my mom as tight as I could.

"You know... I--- I just really miss her... She's the daughter I never had... Andrea Jane, is a wonderful daughter and I felt ashamed to her parent for not taking good care of her." And just like that she starting to cry again.

"Mom. please stop... you know that's not easy! Andrea--- and I. You know... We had this issue and it's her choice to not mingle on us anymore let just respect her... how do many times do I have to tell you this?" I blow out my breath as if I holding it for too long.

"But maybe if we talk to her, may be... may be---"

"Mom, Stop. There's thing in this world in our lives that we cannot control nor ignore the thing between me and Andrea are too complicated we just have to accept and respect her decision the way we move-on." I said in a firm tone.

"I-I'm sorry...." I sigh and gave her another hug and nodded, my mom even she's stand for Jessica that time I know she love Andrea more than they ever know.

---oOo---

I slowly pull my neck tie. I felt like I am suffocating myself, I breath out while looking at overlooking view here in my office, the memory of her we're rushing to my head the way my blood rushing to it as if it is part me.

I take the whisky on my table and drink it.

I still remember he beautiful face, the way she smiles, the way she laughs, the way how her facial expression change... even how she walks, she talk everything... I still clearly see it in my mind...