Helpless Cries

~Kazumi POV~
I sighed as Boss quickly gave me my pork noodles before leaving. Seriously! What did I do?

~Boss POV~
I quickly went back to the back room. My laptops screen was wide open.

Akira _____

Harue _____

Kazumi _____

All mysteriously disappeared on April 16. They are now presumed dead. However their daughter who was staying with her cousin is still alive. No personal information is given.

I ran my hand through my hair. What was her name? The daughters.... what was it?

~Kazumi POV~
I swirled my drink in concentration. Lately I've been having dreams that always cut off when I need them.

Night 1-
A little girl was playing in a garden happily. "Nee-chan pway with me!!!" (She is like 3 so she can't say Onee-chan) a older girl scoffed. I couldn't see her face. "Scram pip-squeak I'm busy." She scowled. "But!" " she said SCRAM!" The older girl yelled. The little girl got up and ran to her room. "but that wat you alway say..." She cries.

Night 2-
"Grandpa? Where momma and papa?" The same girl asked. The elder man bent down and held her shoulders. "Kazumi. You probably will forget this but you are in grave danger. You and your mother."

"Wat?"

"I need you to remember that you can't trust anyone other then your parents and your little friends."

"But wat bout-"

"No! Listen to me. You can't be to careful."

"Ok grandpa."

He sighed in relief. "There's a good girl. Remember you will always be a-"

Night 3-
"NO MOMMY!" The little girl screamed.

"Kazumi you must stay here."

"B-but why?!"

"You will be safer."

"Stay with me!"

"I can't sweetie."

"Why?!?"

"A man by the name of-"

Night 4-
The little girl stared at the door. "I am a____
I am a____ I am a____." she whispered over and over.

The children stared at the depressed little girl. Only one willing to approach her.

"Hey girl what's wrong?"

"My name isn't girl. It's Kazumi. I'm waiting for mommy."

"Okay Kazumi why don't you play with us while you wait?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Aki!"

The girls eyes softened. She liked this boy. He was just like his name. Bright and warm. Black hair and amber eyes glittered. His hand was held out.

"Okay!" She giggled.

Night 5-

"NOOOOOOO AKI!" She screamed and struggled against firefighters. The building was blazing with bright flames.

"Little girl we will get your little friend out stay here."

And so she waited. And she waited. And she waited.

And then Mrs.Loretta came to her with tearful eyes. "Kazumi..."

The girls head snapped up. "Aki?!"

"Honey... Aki is...gone."

"W-what? Your n-not making sense! W-where is he?"

"He went to a beautiful place called heaven." She started to cry.

"No..." she whimpered tears ran down her cheek.

"No... AKI!" She ran to the wore down building. "AKI! AKI!" She sobbed tripping and falling to her knees. "How?!? Fire is supposed to be w-warm and bright and comforting! It... isn't supposed to make me feel like this! AKI COME BACK!" She screamed.

Mrs.Loretta hugged her as she sobbed. Children gathered around mourning for the lost. But no one cared. They were orphans. No one would care. Their parents wouldn't hug them and thank the lord they were okay.

No they were forgotten.

"Aki...." I mumbled. Who was Aki? Why do I feel so much pain when I think of him?

"HEY KAZIE!" A voice yelled snapping me out of my trance.

"ARGH! What?!?"

"Why are you crying?" Hiro asked concerned. I touched my face and found it was indeed wet. I looked up and realized everyone was here.

"Ah. My contacts must have fallen or something. Excuse me." I said my voice wavering. They stared at me in concern. Even Takuto. I didn't want pity. I quickly hurried to the bathroom and tried to cover my crying face.

I hurried back out with a bright smile just in time to hear Riki say. "This is the second painting. "Lonely Child."

My Thief (LLFTX fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें