26: Said Fantasies

Start from the beginning

"Now I know where you get your weird qualities from." I shot him a look before entering the kitchen. I greeted more family, rejecting the usual boyfriend comments. Mother strolled to me with an expectant look on her face. I handed her the cake.

"I don't want this. Where's the wine?" Carter handed it over to her. She pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. "See, this is why I like you. Great boy, Bailey." She patted his cheek before pouring herself a glass of wine and disappearing.

"No wonder they say you two are just alike."

"I am not an alcoholic." He just swung his arm over my shoulders.

"Denial is the first step of acceptance. Only a few more to go." He said through his laughter. I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face. I led us outside where the party was. The string of high schoolers brought me back to my well-lived days.

"You brought the boyfriend," Ellie said once she laid eyes on us.

"Two months strong," Carter said pulling me further into his side.

"It's been two months of me struggling to get rid of you," I disagreed, before pouncing on my sister. "Happy birthday Eleanor! May this year bring you wild parties and many boyfriends." She blushed red reminding me to talk to her later. Carter went over hugging the girl, who was frozen in shock. I reveled in how her cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. Her friends were giggling at the sight.

"Carter, get off my sister."

"Jealous that I like her more than you." I rolled my eyes.

"More like worried that you, a twenty-two year old man has eyes on a seventeen year old girl." He held his hand on his heart. He wished Ellie a happy birthday before returning to my side. "Have fun, Elle. Seriously. Make out with your boyfriend or something." She put her face in her hands as one of her friends laughed while directing her back to the party.

"Where are the grown women? Who am I supposed to hit on now?"

"Keep it in your pants for one night Carter." I skipped towards my brother, hopping onto his back. He stumbled forward before bracing his arms on my legs. "Happy birthday Elliot. My brother who seems to be growing more handsome as the days go by."

"Is that my shirt?" He asked once I hopped off of his back.

"It's cute."

"It looks a bit too long," he said, motioning to my lack of visible pants.

"I was thinking the same thing," Carter added. I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the third time tonight. "I hope you guys are going to an actual party after this."

"Don't coax my brother into participating in your shenanigans." I scolded. "After what you and Kyle did to him, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys took him to Vegas after this."

"Vegas?" Elliot's ears perked up.

"Maybe next year when your sister isn't nearby." They high-fived after that. I scoffed before disappearing to find a drink.

~∞~

"You're the infamous Kelly I've been hearing about." The black-haired beauty nodded.

"You must be the crazy bitch Christian warned me about." She laughed. "Although you seem more nicer than he let on."

"Chrissy has always had some sort of vendetta against me." He narrowed his eyes, warning me. I only winked in response. "I see why he's so hung over you. You're gorgeous."

"Please stop hitting on my girl." He wrapped a possessive arm around her waist.

"I'm not gonna steal Kelly. Maybe befriend her." She laughed.