25: Said Favorite

"Why are you calling me at three in the morning?" Ellie begged.

"Because I can't fall asleep." I whined. "Why are you up at three in the morning?" The line fell silent. I heard noise in the background, a particular deep voice. "Who is that?"

"It's from the TV." I heard more noise before a loud noise.

"What is going on Ellie?"

"Nothing. I swear. Why are you calling?"

"I already told you."

"The real reason." She deadpanned. I growled for effect falling back onto my bed.

"I think I'm sick." I confessed. "I'm gonna come over."

"No!" She interjected making me suspicious.

"I have a feeling you're hiding something." I changed the subject. "I need Mom to take care of me."

"How sick are you?"

"I don't know what the hell this is!"

"Are you showing symptoms?" She asked. I heard more background noise, but I decided on ignoring it. I'd find out later.

"I have these fluttery feelings in my stomach and its pissing me off." I ran a hand down my face. "I'm losing my mind, aren't I?"

"I don't even know what you are talking about, so how am I supposed to help you?" I could hear the frustration in Ellie's voice.

"I think I'm turning into you." I popped up from my bed. "I'm turning into a teenager. I'm transforming."

"You're on drugs right now, aren't you?" She speculated.

"Maybe," I emphasized the word. "I'm coming over. Now." There were more protests on her side. "Mom will help me because she actually cares about me when I'm sick."

"You're hopped up on drugs." Ellie reasoned. I shushed her before pulling on a pair of slippers. I shouldn't bother dressing to impress anyone. I grabbed my keys and wallet just in case before shutting the door behind me. I knocked twice on Carter's door before opening it. I was envious of the fact that he was knocked out and here I am, still up. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Psst. Carter," I whispered loud enough that it may have ruptured my vocal chords.  I began coughing at the door. At least I woke him up.

"What do you want?" He muffled his words into his pillow.

"I'm just telling you that I'm leaving so you don't freak out." I held my hands up. "Sorry for being nice."

He rose from his bed. "You're not driving."

"Both of you are so annoying. I'm fine. I'm sober enough." I could hear Ellie begging to differ. Carter flicked his lights on before getting close to me staring me deep in my eyes. The same fluttery feeling filled my stomach. I really need to get this checked out.

"Your eyes say otherwise. And you haven't even crashed yet." I rolled my eyes. "Going on a road trip."

"You are so lame." I walked away from him towards the front door. "Ellie!" I yelled. "I'll be over in twenty minutes. Have food ready. I'm really hungry."

~∞~

I let my head fall onto the window once we pulled into my parents' driveway. "Where the hell is she?"

"Ring the doorbell."

"I can't because then my dad will know I'm here and then he'll send me to a rehabilitation clinic." I let out a breath of air. I saw the door open. Ellie came out followed by another figure. "That better not be Dad." I got out the car, shutting the door. "Ellie!"