26: Said Fantasies

Start from the beginning

"It looks like you aren't wearing pants." I lifted up the shirt, and she flashed me a thumbs up when she caught sight of my no-show shorts. "Perfect. The gifts are bagged?" I nodded. "See if Carter will go with you."

"He is. I asked just in case you would flake on me last minute." I gave her a pointed look. She raised her hands in defense.

"I'm pregnant."

"You're barely showing, if at all." She smiled at that. "Your breasts just got bigger. Noticeable. I'm kind of jealous."

"Me too." I stared at her in confusion. She only winked before hopping off my bed. "Bye bitch. Have fun. Don't get drunk. Matterfact, keep your mother away from the drinks."

"No promises," I sang after her. I joined Carter outside who was leaning against the countertop, phone in hand. "Ready?"

"You owe me."

"If this bet weren't going on, I would've bedded you as payment," I winked at him before scurrying out of the door as fast as my heels would take me.

"You can't just say that. You're fucᴋing evil." I started my car, waiting for Carter to sulk his way into the car. My mom called soon after. "Darling, the cake is ready. Can you pick it up for me?"

"Same place?" I questioned.

"Always. Do you, by any chance, have a bottle of wine on you?"

"I brought it just for you." She made a noise of approval before hanging up. I pulled into the bakery, venturing out of the car.

"Bailey!" Christian's mother, Avery, skittered over to me, scooping me up in her arms. "You look lovely. How are you?"

"Great. Seems to me business is booming here," I acknowledged the new editions to the bakery that weren't here months ago. "You've got the cake right?"

"Of course." She disappeared in the back.

"Everyone knows you here." Carter said in disbelief.

"That's Christian's mom. You'll meet him later." I waved it off.

"Ah. The first crush." He said teasingly, a smirk lining his lips.

"Shut up," I elbowed him in his side as Avery returned. She tossed a peculiar glance my way.

"Where are my manners? I'm Avery." She pulled him in for a hug, much to his surprise. "I practically raised this girl."

"Well she's a great one," he said. I glanced at him. He avoided my stare. I shook my head grabbing the box out of her hands.

"I'll see you there, right? My mom needs a drinking partner." Avery let out a loud laugh at that. "Seriosuly. I don't want her to go through this alone. I also want Chrissy to suffer alongside me."

"You can't count on it sweetheart. Tell the twins Happy 17th." I waved to her and brought the box with me to my car.

"Such flamboyant personalites," Carter noted.

"I know. Just wait until you see my mom after her second glass of wine." I backed out of the café's lot, and headed to my house. There were cars lining the street. I still had my parking spot left open for me in the driveway. "Be a dear, and grab the gifts and the wine for mother."

The march up the driveway winded me. I opened the door and my aunt came barreling towards me. "Bailey. What are you wearing? There are children here," she scolded. I pulled her into a hug, silencing her protests.

"Nice to see you too Nana." I stepped aside, pushing Carter forward. "This is my friend Carter." She looked him up and down.

"Just friends, huh? I've heard things about you," she shook her finger in my direction before disappearing.