Thirty Nine: Male interests [3]

"Oh that? I remember it clearly well, how could I forget such thing? Both he and I got scolded by Aunt Helena, we're lucky to even be alive thanks to his mother showing up."

The two started to tell stories from when they were little, lightening up the mood, shrugging off the rage they're feeling. Letting other thing clouded their mind from Eloise.

Bang!

—!!!

Their conversation ended as they've heard a loud bang assumingly came from the arena.

"W-what was that?"

"Who knows? It must be one of our classmates, hear those cheers? Something amazing must've happened."

"Or something was destroyed rather."

"If that's true, then that must've been Remus."

Meanwhile, back at the arena—which is now covered in smoke and dust, while everyone from the class A evacuated away from the bleachers they were in. Pieces of wood scattered from their area.

"Oh, my bad." Remus who was in the center field nonchalantly said as his apathetic expression flashed onto the monitor above.

"That little..." Marvin mumbled in gritted teeth.

"Now, now." Said Zelde, who eventually forfeited the puppet that was destroyed in half. 

"Remus Weinberg," He called smiling at the young man who flinched "Do stay after class."

Remus flinched as he look at Zelde's smiling face, there was nothing more scarier than his adviser holding that expression.

'Well, I'm fucked.' He thought.

Remus the soon went back to where the others are avoiding the deathly gazes his classmates were giving.

Due to the unexpected incident, Marvin announces to have a forty minute break both to the audiences and Class A.

"Nice job on destroying almost a quarter of the Arena, Remus." Said Austin as he walked pass him.

Remus only gave a glance at Austin and eventually approached Shiki and athe others, although his head and eyes were wandering around, looking for someone.

"If you're looking for Rei, she's in the clinic, watching Rinalyn." Said Daryll flashing a message from Rei on his phone.

"I know that, we three literally sat beside each other." He said dissing off Daryll who had a teasing expression plastered on his face.

Daryll then soon put his phone away and asked "If not Rei, then who?"

"Arlo." Remus bluntly replied.

"Eh...." Daryll acted in disbelief "I thought you're over him, pathetic." He muttered.

"Pathe—you son of a—!" As Remus was about to curse, he got a bonk on the head. "Who the hell did that?!" He furiously yelled as he whip his head back.

"You shouldn't swear, my dear brother."

It was none other than his older brother, Lucas, giving him a rather intimidating smile, which cause the other students to flinch, however Remus didn't yield; all he did was looked at Lucas furiously.

"Lucas? The hell you want?" He asked coldly.

"You should really mind your manners, dear brother."

"Aaagh!! Stop calling me that, it's cringy! Just tell me what you need and get lost!"

"Ah~ My dear brother seem to be have been really stuck in his rebellious phase."

"I'm not! Just tell us what you want already!"

"Call me big brother first." Lucas brimmed with happiness as he warmly smile at his furious little brother.

"Ah, then get lost."

Lucas sighed, shaking his head in disbelief, he couldn't believe his brother to be acting like this. But, well, it couldn't be help.

"If you're acting like this because I almost killed that red haired girl— Rei, was it? I can always find a replacement for her if she die." Lucas smiled warmly as he spoke out those words.

"Don't! Moreover, she's not a toy that can be replaced, you crazy bastard."

"Enough with the chatters, what brought you here, Lucas?"

All their gazes shifted towards shiki who had approach Remus, looking at Lucas who has quite an intimidating smile unfazed.

"Oh, Shiki! Long time no see, ah forget what I said about earlier, alright? Don't let your brother know what I said and did, alright?"

Lucas who had such a strong intimidating presence had suddenly shown being shaken up as he started talking to Shiki. As if a salesperson trying so hard to gain a customer's favor in buying their stuff.

"Sure, if he were to know what you did, you'll surely met my mother in no time." Nonchalantly said Shiki.

Everyone then fell silent by his remark.

"Your jokes sure are dark." Replied Remus.

'That's supposed to be a joke?!' Everyone thought.

Of course,there was no one in the class who doesn't know about what happened to the Drust's family. Shiki's response most likely taken them aback, after all, why would he joke about that, specifically about his mother.

"Ahem!" Coughed Lucas, "Anyway, the reason why I'm here is..." He trailed off, his gaze wandering upon Luna who was at the back of Shiki together with a muddy haired boy, then to Dion who was standing near his brother with a smile plastered on his face.

Lucas heaved a sigh as he approached Dion with a stomping feet, eventually dragging him to his side.

"...Is to get this Man, Don't just let us do all the work, you good for nothing Student council President!" He scolded as he drag Dion away from class A, but before they could have gotten farther away— Lucas glance back to shiki;

"And Shiki, come to the oval later, there's something I want to talk to you about." He added and soon exited the arena together with Dion.