Chapter Twenty-Eight

Começar do início

The last words were written in bold, big letters before they faded away along with the magical scroll. A crease formed on her forehead upon seeing the strange note. She shook her head in hopes of ridding her thoughts.

The young florist walked by the path of flowers. She wore the same clothes in the present time: a brown sweater top, a crème trench coat, and pants that matched her black boots. Her hair ruffled down in dark brown waves as the wind blew a few strands off her face.

Yuna felt her body gradually feel heavy with every step she took. Her stomach grumbled and her feet ached. Her eyes closed heavily and her skin burned in flames.

"Strange..." she whispered to herself. It seemed like her emotions changed drastically: from curiosity to discomfort.

Yuna curved her back and rested her palms on her knees to catch her breath. Her head ached a little from the sudden gravitational force. By the time her vision adjusted, she looked down at her feet and saw them bare. Her hands had wounds and bruises. She immediately straightened her back and scanned her outfit only to see them differently.

Yuna looked around to search for a lake or river in hopes of seeing her reflection. Unfortunately, her sickly state stopped her from moving too much. She sat down on the ground and dwelled in the inflicting feeling in her heart. She cried with no tears again.

Suddenly, a glowing butterfly plummeted on her skirt. The blue fluttering creature stayed on the cloth for a minute. Yuna's eyes settled on its comforting colored wings before following the butterfly absentmindedly.

Her steps stopped when the butterfly fluttered towards a flowery garden. A small hut by the bushes and trees appeared in her field of vision. Yuna scanned the house in the woods despite barely knowing anything about the place.

A bonsai plant stood by the entrance of the hanok where the butterfly now resides. Yuna stepped inside, just by the entrance. The butterfly flew again towards the small window where a man busily wrote on his scroll.

Without a single thought, the young florist tiptoed by the doorway. She walked near a small lily pad pond. Yuna quickly crouched down on her feet to quench herself.

"Thank God!" she thought. And before she knew it, the female broke down on her knees to drink the water with her hands. She cleaned her face and looked at her reflection.

She doesn't look much herself per se. Upon seeing her clothes and demeanor, she perceived herself as a commoner in an unknown dynasty. She probably has partaken a role from a different era to continue the fate she lost track of.

But it's not a surprise anymore. She has been dreaming a lot of things lately, not to mention that she already faced many strange occurrences in her life. Yuna is starting to remember the memories she encountered with some peculiar strangers in the present time. Particularly that one person she locked eyes with when she escaped an unknown castle.

The florist stared at the pond for a few minutes to process the overflowing memories of someone she probably knows outside this dream. Yuna swirled her finger in the water to create a ripple. Her face distorted before a figure appeared right beside her reflection.

"What brings you here?"

Yuna immediately looked up at the bright, sunny skies to see a face of a man covering the sun above. She quickly got on her feet to speculate the male standing in front of her.

"I...I was just looking for something to quench myself."

Yuna's eyes watered at the sight of an alluring man in his vibrant hanbok.

A God.

She thought. A god will show up to you when you are in need.

She suddenly let out a hitch of breath as she broke down in sobs. Her voice quivered once she looked him in the eye.

"Please my Lord. Spare our lives," she mumbled as if her mouth had a mind of its own.

Why can't she speak the right words she wanted to say? Every time she opens her mouth, Yuna could only mutter a dialogue that goes against her will. She wanted to ask where she was but she could only hear herself crying for help.

Please help me find my home.

"Please help us from this drought."

The man looked at her with pure empathy in his eyes.

"Our only wish is to rain, my Lord. I promise I'll give you anything in return. I'll sacrifice my life...if...if it means appeasing you..." she trailed off.

The man before her sighed, "You don't have to do that, young lady."

Yuna's eyes perked up. "I don't need you to sacrifice anything for me."

"Then...what shall we do, my Lord?"

"Bring me to your village. I'll make the clouds rain."

The female broke into her knees again and bowed before the deity. The god immediately helped her get up from her feet to ask her name. With a humbling presence, the powerful messenger caressed her hand to ease the pain she has been enduring.

Yuna felt the comfort she needed from the deity of the bonsai hut. She believed he would save her family in this story. If she couldn't choose the words she wanted to say, then it only means one thing:

She has a role in this story that only she can portray.

Though she doesn't know her background yet, Yuna believed portraying a character named Jang Eun Yeong will give her a gist of her past lives.

Hello everyone! I'm back! I hope you are all doing fine 😄

I'm sorry again for the very slow updates. I was not really in the mood to write for these past few months. I was having terrible writer's block so I kept myself busy by procrastinating😭But really, thank you so much for your kind comments and support. I sincerely appreciate your love for my book especially when you include it in your reading lists🥺

Thank you again and may you all have a blessed day!