"Apparently its a genetic thing. No one ever knew it but one of our ancestors was bitten by some kind of lion beast and became a werelion. Only certain generations of the Stilinski family got the power, one of them being mine."

"It was actually Peter Hale who triggered my shift when he attacked Lydia and I on the lacrosse field my freshmen year. I turned into some half lion, half human beast and tried to attack and almost kill Scott and Stiles on the next New Moon." Lina explains and Scott and Stiles nod, shuddering at the memory of her turning into a werelion right in front of their eyes.

"So it skipped Stiles then?" Kira asks and Lina nods.

"Yeah, apparently. Though, I don't mind. I like being human" Stiles shrugs and Lina sighs.

"Yeah, you don't wanna be a werelion. It takes a lot out of you. I still haven't exactly learned control yet. Apparently it's harder to learn control as a werelion compared to other supernatural creatures, but I've been getting there" Lina says confidently and Stiles huffs.

"Yeah, even though you've been getting help from Imani" Lina rolls her eyes at her older brother.

"Stiles, we've been over this. You have your own out of control supernatural to take care of. I feel Imani's been doing well" Lina says and Stiles waves her off.

Imani hadn't been introduced into the supernatural world until the beginning of their sophomore year, the others Junior year, when they stayed at a motel for a cross country meet and she watched her best friend almost kill herself. After that, she kept pushing the issue until Lina finally gave in and explained everything to her.

At first, she was worried Imani would freak out or call her a liar. But instead, the girl punched her in the face, literally, and watched as her broken nose healed, all the while Lina gave her a bewildered look. Imani's excuse? "I had to see for myself" "You could've asked me to shift, you know?" "Where's the fun in that?"

Now though, Imani's taken it upon herself to help Lina learn full control over her powers. And everything seemed to be going fine until her brother got possessed by some evil fox spirit. After that, it was like the whole process had to be started over, but Imani didn't give up. She knew her friend needed this.

The ride turns silent for a bit, everyone off in their own little world. Lina had put in an earbud and was looking out the window, though her peace didn't exactly last long. It was hard to concentrate on her daydreams when the werecoyote in her lap kept moving every five seconds, grinding down on her crotch.

"Dude, sit still" Lina complains and Malia growls.

"You're the one with the uncomfortable legs" Malia argues and Lina scoffs.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Malia turns fully to look at Lina then.

"I've slept on rocks more comfortable than you" Lina narrows her eyes up at Malia, who narrows her eyes right back, both of them staring one another down, urging the other to give up on the stare down.

Stiles hits a bump which finally breaks it, however, and Malia bounces up, knocking her head into the cieling, causing Lina to cackle as Malia rubs her head in pain. Malia growls at Lina then, her eyes glowing, ready to attack, Kira and Lydia already screaming in alarm.

"All right, all right, we'll switch, we'll switch!" Stiles yells over the chaos, swerving to pull over.

~~~

Lina pulls the dancing woman closer by the hips, grinding against her as the woman loops her arms around her neck. "I have to admit, I'm not much of a dancer. You must bring it out in me though" Lina calls over the music of the club and the woman smirks.