Reporting

After the sun had set, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and I began our passage back to the Butterfly Mansion. I would have preferred to take the siblings back to Urokodaki's house however, I was required to report back to the Master on the events that had transpired. I had considered sending them back to Urokodaki's house on their own but there were two issues with that plan. First, they did not know their way back to Urokodaki's house. I also knew there was a chance they would cross paths with a demon slayer they did not know and be wrongly killed.

So instead, we spent four nights walking back to the Butterfly Mansion, resting in caves and houses along the way to stay out of the day. When we finally arrived back, Kocho was waiting for us at the mansion's gates. "My, my, it took you quite long to make your way back here, though I guess you must have had to stay out of the sun," Kocho stated this fact with something that almost resembled dissatisfaction. "Well, if you would kindly follow me, I can show the siblings where they can rest for the time being," Kocho said this with a hint of disdain in her voice, and without waiting for us she walked into the gates of the Mansion.

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and I followed Kocho as she lead us into the mansion and to the room that had been prepared.

The room that Kocho showed us to was small, it was a simple room with two beds. The windows in the room were covered with sheets to block out the sun, you could tell the work was rushed because in a few places small rays of sunlight still came through. Tanjiro and Nezuko both went over to the beds; they were both very worn out from all the fighting they did, so they needed some time to rest. Kocho left the room and I followed her, we both were headed to report back to the Master on the events on the mountain.

"My, you've become attached to those two haven't you Tomioka-san," Kocho inquired, I simply did not respond. We reached the garden in which the Master was waiting for us. Kocho and I both bowed down to the Master paying our respect. "How lovely you two have returned unscathed," The Master greeted us, "The first thing I would like to know is what demons you saw on the mountain." Kocho looked at me signaling that I should talk first, however, I gave a slight shake of my head so instead, she started with her encounters.

"Well, Master, I only faced the aftermath of one demon's battle, it seemed to have been quite powerful for it had turned all the slayers into spiders," Kocho explained to the Master, she went on to talk about a young boy who she had found almost passed out from the poison. This boy, she said, had seemed to defeat the demon all by himself, a major feat for a demon of that power. I sat there silently while Kocho relayed her experience to the Master.

Once Kocho was done explaining her account the Master addressed me, "And you Giyu, what did Tanjiro, Nezuko, and you experience on the mountain? Also, if you do not mind me asking how did Tanjiro and Nezuko deal with the large number of humans on the mountain?" I knew that the Master was going to ask something like that after all it only made sense but I still did not like the way that everyone viewed the siblings. After all, I was a living account of their ability to suppress their demon influences.

"Tanjiro and Nezuko both seemed unbothered by all of the humans on the mountain. They also showed great ability to kill fellow demons. Tanjiro was able to quickly and easily decapitate the first demon we encountered." I paused to see if the Master had any questions which he did not seem to have so I continued, "I found a slayer battling a very strong demon who I was able to kill and leave the slayer to tend to his wounds." Kocho silently scoffed when I said the last part, however, I was not going to tell the Master that I had tied up the slayer because he was being stupid.

I continued my account of the mountain, "Tanjiro and Nezuko lost sight of me and went looking for me and instead stumbled upon Lower Rank 5 of the Twelve Kizuki. I have no say for sure of how long they were fighting Lower Rank 5 but they were able to stay alive until I arrived and was able to kill Lower Rank 5." The Master took a moment to process the information that we had provided him.