S E V E N

𝑬𝒁𝑹𝑨

When I woke up I could hear hushed talking outside my room and from the sounds of things it was my daddy.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes before getting up -- with Leon of course -- to open the door.

Daddy was standing with his back towards me whispering—presumably so he wouldn't wake me up since he was right outside of my door—to whoever he was on the phone with.

"Daddy," I said quietly as I poked his arm.

He didn't notice me poking him at first, but once he did, butterflies erupted in my stomach, once again. He looked down at me with a huge smile on his face. "I'll have to call you back later. My little just woke up from his nap" He said to whoever he was on the phone with.

It made me so incredibly happy that he was calling me his little despite the fact that I never officially said yes. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

"Hi lovebug!" He said cheerfully. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I looked down at the floor and waved softly. Daddy picked me up which gave me no choice but to look at him. "You hungry baby?" He asked me and I nodded.

He smiled and kissed my cheek causing me to giggle.

"Amanda will be home soon"

There was an underlining sadness in his voice.

I poked his cheek. "What wrong?" I asked tilting my head. "Nothing's wrong baby. I just have to go home soon"

I whined and shook my head. "Daddy no go" I pouted.

"I have to lovebug" He told me as he sat me in my high-chair. "I can't stay here forever" He whispered. "Daddy no go" I repeated as my eyes started to glaze over with tears.

I could feel my bottom lip start to wobble and before I knew it, I was crying.

What if he leaves and doesn't come back?

What if he finds someone else to be his little?

"No!" I screamed and started aggressively shaking my head. "Please stop crying, Ezzy" He picked me back up and started rubbing my back. "D-Don't go!" I sobbed quietly.

"I won't, baby" He bounced me around a little bit. "I won't go, love" I continued to cry for a few more minutes before the tears subsided to sniffles every once in a while.

"Are you okay now, little one?" Daddy asked me as he swayed side to side.

I nodded against his shoulder and held onto his shirt tighter.

"Don't leave Ezzy" I whispered and squeezed my eyes shut.

"I'm not gonna leave you, baby" He whispered and kissed my cheek. "Daddy isn't leaving" He continued to hold me for a little while longer before he sat me back in my high-chair. He walked over to the counter and grabbed a paper towel, running it under some water. "Daddy isn't going anywhere. Okay, little one?" He promised as he wiped the tears from my face gently.

I nodded my head and he smiled and kissed my cheek again.

"Now, what would you like to eat, baby?"

"Hmm," I put my finger on my chin and made a thinking face. "Dino nuggies!" Daddy shook his head and grinned. "You sure?" I nodded. "Mhm! Mhm!"

Daddy ruffled my hair around before walking over to the freezer for my Dino nuggets.

"How many bug?"

I held up all my fingers.

"You aren't going to eat 10 nuggets, baby"

"I am!" I pouted. Daddy chuckled and shook his head at me. "Okay. You can have 10. But only if you promise to finish them all"

"I pwomise Daddy!" I said stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest with a frown.

Before I knew it I had eaten 5 dinosaur nuggets and wasn't sure I could eat anymore.

But I had promised Daddy I was gonna finish them so I didn't have a choice.

He was in the living room waiting for me to let him know I was done. After I forced two more nuggets, I began to cry, causing Daddy to come rushing in.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong, bug?" He picked me up and I immediately held onto his shirt tightly. "Tummy hurts" I sobbed out. He started to rub my back and shush me softly.

"Too many nuggets?" He asked me and I nodded against his shoulder as I continued to cry. "I knew you weren't going to be able to eat them all"

He carried me to the living room and continued to rub my back as he sat on the couch. "I sowwy" I whispered once I had stopped crying.

"Why are you sorry baby? You didn't do anything wrong"

"Ezzy pwomised"

He pulled me away so he could look at my face. "Baby don't say sorry for that. Daddy wasn't counting on you finishing all of them, okay? All I was worried about was you eating something" Daddy kissed my nose.

"I don't want you to ever think you have to apologize for not finishing your food" I nodded and laid my head back on his shoulder.

Soon enough, Amanda was home.

Which meant Daddy had to go home.

Which meant I might not see him again.

"Come on Ezra. Come say bye" I heard Amanda call from downstairs. But I stayed where I was, in my bed, silently crying with Leon and Arlo clutched tightly to my chest.

I didn't want Daddy to leave me.

I didn't want to say goodbye.

"What's wrong bug? Why are you crying?" I heard Daddy ask as he walked into my room. I sat up and reached for him as I started to cry harder.

He rushed over and picked me up. "Please don't cry bubba" He whispered as he started to rub my back.

"I don't wanna leave either love"

I was truly surprised that he knew that's why I was sad.

"But I'll be back soon I promise" He told me.

I shook my head and cling to him tighter. "D-Don't leave me" I whimpered. "Please"

At this point I had slipped out of my headspace and I know Trey could tell.

"Hey. Ezzy I'm not going anywhere" He assured me as he pulled away to look at my face. "I'm never gonna leave you. Ever" He promised me.

"Then don't go" I whispered as I looked him in the eyes.

==