CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

"And here we are."

"Wow, fancy," he said in a monotone voice. "Mickey's Dining Car."

"Don't judge this place," I said in defense.

"I like the name."

Rolling my eyes I pushed him forward, "Just go inside." We sat in a open booth with the largest window in the back. "I recommend the Mushroom Swiss Burger, it's delicious."

"I'm not a fan of mushroom."

"You can barely taste it. Try it and if you don't like it I'll finish it for you," I smiled.

"Fine."

"Fine," I mimicked.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Quit it," he said slouching back in his seat.

I sighed and chuckled, "Fine." Leaning over the table, I propped my elbows on it and rested my chin on them. "You really need to loosen up."

"Oh I'm sorry for not being chill enough for you," he scoffed.

"No you're not."

"You're right, I'm not."

Silence overcame us until the waitress asked our order. " What can I get for you guys?"

"I'll take the blue berry pancakes with sausages and scrambled eggs," I replied.

"And you sir?" she asked Bryce.

Bryce looked up from the menu to catch my eyes, "the Mushroom Swiss Burger."

"And to drink?"

"We'll have the special..and make it chocolate," I added.

"Alright then, your order will be coming up shortly."

"What," he said flatly.

"Nothing," I snickered shaking my head. "So tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know."

"Everything," I said leaning back in the booth and arms rested behind my back.

The corner of his lip twitched, "It's only the first date and you want to know everything about me."

"As the winner of the Skee Ball challenge I order you not to ask me about.."

"Come on Bryce," I whined.

Rolling his eyes he replied, "Blue."

"Blue?"

"My favorite color. I hate bugs and spiders, I'm afraid of heights, I believe in ghosts, I hate the cold, I'm adopted, my adopted parents both died in a car crash. Is there anything else you'd like to know."

"I'm sorry," I spoke softly. "I didn't know."

"Don't be and how could you know. Besides you wanted to know about me," he shrugged casually.

"You're really weird you know that," I smiled.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"No I mean yes it's a compliment but you're different and I like that about you."

"How flattering."

"You don't blush easily do you?"

"Maybe one day."

"I'm sure I can make you. With my charm and handsomeness that is," I winked.

"Conceited," he coughed out.