T W O

𝑻𝑹𝑬𝒀

"Dis one" Ezra pointed at a dark green hoodie with Dinosaurs covering it and spikes down the back of the hood. "You've said that about 4 hoodies, bug. Are you sure this time?" I asked. "Mhm.. Ezzy sure" He nodded.

"Okay" I picked him up and sat him back in the basket of the shopping cart, handing him the hoodie once he was comfortable. "Tank you Tee-Tee" I smiled and ruffled his hair. "You're welcome bug... Now let's go find Amanda"

Amanda left to go find some pajamas for herself while we were looking for Ezra's Dino hoodie. "Tee-Tee like Manda?" He asked and tilted his head to the side. "Well yeah... I like her as a friend" I told him.

It was a small lie given the fact that I had a small crush on her but it's not that important. Right now, all I was worrying about was possibly becoming Ezra's caregiver.

When Amanda told me about Ezra, I agreed to meet him immediately and by the looks of things he already really likes me.

Ezra reached up and rubbed his eyes softly as he yawned. "You tired, bug?" I asked him softly, brushing his hair away from his face. He nodded. "Ezzy wan' nap" He mumbled sleepily. It's cute how he was excited and bright just a minute ago and now he's sleepy and quiet.

"We're gonna find Amanda then we're gonna get you home, okay?" I asked him. "Mkay" He nodded softly while attempting to keep his eyes open. After a few minutes of searching through the store, we finally found Amanda.

She took over pushing the cart so I could hold Ezra. Once he was in my arms, he fell asleep almost instantly.

"He seems to like you already" Amanda whispered to me as I safely put Ezra in his car-seat once we were done shopping. "Yeah" I whispered back as I smiled at his sleeping figure.

His mouth was open slightly, quiet snores escaping his lips. "Hey. Do you have a pacifier for him?" I asked as I turned to Amanda. "Yeah, I always keep one in my bag" She reached into her bag and pulled out a light blue pacifier that had Ezra's name spelled out on it. It in a case to keep it from getting dirty. 

"Thank you" I said as I took it from her. I gently popped the pacifier into Ezra's mouth and watched as it immediately started bobbing slightly.

Just as I was about the close the door, he started whining as he woke up slightly.

"Tee-Tee" He mumbled around his pacifier as he reached for me. "Hey bug. It's okay. Go back to sleep little one" I told him as I grabbed his hand and held it gently against my own cheek.

"You stay back there with him. I'll drive" Amanda told me. I nodded and handed her the keys before getting in the back with Ezra. I put my hand on his rosy cheek and smiled.

"Want me to sing little one?" I asked him softly. He pouted around his pacifier and nodded.

I nodded and decided to sing him Safe Inside by James Arthur since it's my favorite song.

"I remember when you were all mine.
Watched you changing in front of my eyes.

What can I say?

Now that I'm not the fire in the cold
Now that I'm not the hand that you hold.

As your walking away.

Will you call me to tell me you're alright? |
'Cause I worry about you the whole night.

Don't repeat my mistakes
I won't sleep 'til you're safe inside

If you're home, I just hope that you're sober.
Is it time to let go, now you're older.

Don't leave me this way.
I won't sleep 'til you're safe inside

I paused and looked towards Amanda who was driving with a small smile on her face.

"Everyone has to find their own way.
And I'm sure things will work out okay.

I wish that was the truth.
All we know is the sun will rise.

Thank your lucky stars that you're alive. 

It's a beautiful life.

Oh love, will you call me to tell me you're alright? '
Cause I worry about you the whole night.

Don't repeat my mistakes.
I won't sleep till you're safe inside.

If you're home, I just hope that you're sober.
Is it time to let go, now you're older.

Don't leave me this way.
I won't sleep till you're safe inside.

If you make the same mistakes.
I will love you either way.

All I know is I can't live without you.

There is nothing I can say. 
That would change you any way.

Darling, I could never live without you.

Oh, will you call me to tell me you're alright.
'Cause I worry about you the whole night.

Don't make my mistakes.
I won't sleep, I won't sleep
." I paused and smiled seeing that his eyes could barely stay open before continuing on.

"If you're home, I just hope that you're sober.
Is it time to let go, now you're older.

Don't leave me this way.
I won't sleep 'til you're safe inside.

Will you call me to tell me you're alright.
'Cause I worry about you" Once I was finished, he was fast asleep again.

"I didn't know you could sing T" I hear Amanda say. "Yeah. It's a hidden talent I guess" I shrugged and wrapped my pinky finger around Ezra's.

After a while I decided a nap wouldn't be so bad. I leaned my head back and drifted off to sleep, gently rubbing my thumb against Ezra's cheek. 

==