Chapter Six: Mysteries

Start from the beginning

"Uncle Tae Joon," Hyun Woo sighed. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

Tae Jun placed his right hand over his shoulders and took him around his arms after that. "Your position had always placed you in pain. Forgive us if we can't even take all of that pain. We, your family, were also very much surprised when the board of directors and all of the shareholders agreed to have you as your father's replacement."

Hyun Woo began to tear up after he took him around his arms. "Thank you, Uncle Tae Jun."

"You need to get ready and wipe your face clean," Tae Jun told him. "Don't you have a meeting with Prime Minister Kim Seo Jun?"

...

Like Hyun Woo, leaving and getting divorced pained Anna for a week. At the same time, she stayed in a rest house a few blocks away from the Hana Mansion wherein her husband stayed. The rest house was a gift that Hyun Woo gave for her birthday and at the same time, she was acknowledged as the owner. She named her residence 'Sakura Music House' as it was one of the places where she could freely play her piano, cello, and violin.

Ryota had once advised her to come back to Japan but she refused since she still wanted to complete her goal of making Hyun Woo completely remember every important memory in his life, including his love for the piano.

Even so, for over a week, she didn't even know where to begin. She just slept and ate inside the hotel, wondering how her ex-husband has taken in being divorced. That night, she had some hope when Ryota knocked on her door and she opened it for him.

"Good to see you!" Anna told him. "My room isn't that much. How are you?"

Ryota looked around the room and he was surprised by how extravagant it was. He had been a police officer and a government official for years but he knew that it will be impossible for him to be able to pay for a room with a single king-sized bed with curtains, and a glass chandelier while some tables and chairs were coated with gold painting. There was also a huge bookcase on the right side behind the bed. "How are you? Anna, I heard from my associates that Hyun Woo and you just recently divorced. Is it true?"

Anna looked away from his eyes. "There was nothing that I can do, but I believe getting divorced is also a good thing. Could you help me know more about the Lee-Han Family? I heard that they were already nobles from the time of Joseon."

"Shouldn't you know more about them?" Ryota asked her. "Aren't you married to Hyun Woo for five years? Have you not tried to learn anything about them?"

"That was true but I never really cared-" Anna stopped talking when Ryota sighed disappointedly at her. "Forgive me. I married him five years ago and we were too young to realize that we weren't fit for each other."

"I'll try to help you out and give you information but I am sure that you know who they are already," Ryota reminded her. "Can't you give out their names to me?"

"Give me a piece of paper and I'll write them down for you," Anna said to him. "Let someone translate for you-"

"Just say their names, Kaori."

Anna swallowed saliva painfully when she heard the name she had used before she came to South Korea. "His biological father's name is Lee Kyung Ho while his uncles were Lee Tae Jun and Lee Haru. She also has two aunts named Lee Hana and Jane Lee. As far as I remember, Jane Lee's an illegitimate child of his late grandfather, Lee Jeong-hui. Lastly, Hyun Woo also has a sister named Lee Chae Won. She wasn't close to me and I could usually feel how cold she was to me. She just had her twenty-first birthday back in March."

"Have you not tried to know about them more deeply for the past five years?" Ryota raised his eyebrows. "Did you not try to get close to any of them? I know it might be difficult getting close to such a huge family but have you not tried?"

"How could I?" Anna asked him. "They mostly ignored talking to me and the only one who usually talked to me was Ms. Jane with whom his father and the rest of the family ignored, too."

"Both of you were being ignored by them?" Ryota asked her. "That was strange. Aren't you still family? How could they even ignore both of you?"

Anna nodded. "That is true. Chae Won acknowledged me as a sister-in-law but his relatives seemed to make me feel distant. She was, at least, warmer than Hyun Woo, Ryota, as she always made it sure that I am fine around their relatives but still, I could feel how much she doesn't want me for his brother. He changed so much after he learned about the death of Lee Kyung Ho. He wasn't the man we both knew as Arima Kousei, anymore! I need your help. If I would make him remember who and what he was when he was in Japan, he might be able to come back to me."

"Don't worry about it," Ryota promised her. "I'll do my best to give you comprehensive information about the Lee Clan."

"Could you... Could you secretly help Hyun Woo?" Anna tried to stop her tears but she wasn't able to since her tears just fell down her cheeks. "His family was still trying their best to investigate who might have murdered Lee Kyung Ho."

"I will, don't worry about it." Ryota took her around his arms. "I'll protect you now and bring back Kousei with us."

A/n: Thank you to everyone who is reading this story!!! I do hope that you'll keep supporting me until I am done with my story! :)