Chapter 3: Let's play again

Start from the beginning

"Makes sense." I said. "That means you haven't eaten yet, right?"

He nodded. He hadn't been to his room yet and there had been no time for him to eat something since school started. This would give me the perfect chance to reenact things I always wanted to do.

"Let's eat together then."

"Huh?"

"It's exactly what I said."

I pointed to the shopping bag he was holding.

"You said you had to buy some things for yourself and me, so there is probably enough food for both of us inside, right?"

With a slow nod, he confirmed my question.

"Then let's eat it together. I have always wanted to do something like this with someone else ever since I started playing dating games."

He raised a brow. "So is this a date to you?"

"No, not really. I meant it in a platonic way. It just seemed fun to eat together with someone my age."

"That sounds like you've never done it before. Didn't you have friends you could eat together with in middle school?"

I averted my gaze while chuckling lightly. "No, I  didn't. I didn't go to middle school due to certain circumstances..."

Some unsightly memories surfaced in my head, but I shook them off. It has been years. I should've been over it by now. 

"Anyway," I started, trying to redirect the focus of the conversation. "What about you?"

"Similar situation."

He didn't elaborate on that. It was either because he just didn't like talking or it was something he didn't want to talk about. However, I didn't want to take any risk, thus choosing to just move on from this topic.

"Mhm mhm." I hummed while walking over to him, grabbing him by his wrist. "Come, sit down. I'll prepare some food."

"You can cook?"

"That's a basic skill. Even I can do it. Why are you asking?" I stopped for a moment, before realizing. "Is it because you only bought instant food?"

His question would mean that he assumed I couldn't. And what would a person buy for someone they assumed couldn't cook? Right, instant food.

"..." 

"Ayanokoji..." I asked carefully, trying to hide the amused tone that was threatening to slip into my voice. "...could it be that you can't?"

"...I've never had the chance to learn cooking."

"Haaah..." I sighed. At first, I expected him to be some kind of really intelligent and cold mastermind, but it seemed like I was wrong. He seemed to just be a normal teenage boy. However, I still had the suspicion that the intelligent part is true. "I'll teach you how to cook someday."

Part 3

POV. Ayanokoji

After finishing the food, we quickly parted ways.

Feeling the night's cold breeze brushing against my face, I realized once again that I wasn't in that place anymore. It was a calmness I had never experienced before.

"Sia Hirano..."

So that is her name. Even though I didn't know her name, her face was one that I could never forget, even after a million years. I could still remember our first meeting as if it was yesterday. The memory burned into my head like an everlasting scar.