Chapter 3: Let's play again

Start from the beginning

"Alright."

Hearing his response, I quickly took out my phone. With only a few swipes of my finger, I opened the window to transfer some points to him.

"How many points do you need?"

"You don't have to give me any this time. Take it as a token of our friendship."

My eyes widened, as I looked at him. I could feel the corners of my mouth twitching, as a warm feeling spread throughout my cheeks. It was something I can remember I'd never felt before.

"Thank you." My voice was quiet. I didn't know why, but even though, my feelings were certainly positive, I felt quite awkward when expressing them. "I appreciate it."

"You're welcome." 

He said with his usual emotionless tone.

Part 2

"This is better than expected..."

After unpacking all my stuff, I took a good look at my room again, Although it wasn't the most spacious one, it was definitely more than necessary for a student to live in. In fact, it was more spacious than the room I used to live in.

"And there is also no limit to gas and electricity usage..."

That fact confirmed my theory once again. There was no way that students would learn to be admirable adults by living such an easy life and I assumed that the school knows that too. Reality is not that kind after all.

"Either that or I'm just overestimating this school..."

Knock Knock

My thought process was interrupted by a knocking at my door. It was probably Ayanokoji who finished running my errands.

Thinking about the way he did that for me, released positive emotions inside me. I wonder how I should repay him for that kind act. That's what I'm supposed to do, right?

I walked over to my door and quickly opened it, spotting a familiar face.

"Yo, Ayanokoji." I greeted him with a small smile on my face, before stepping aside, gesturing to my room with a hand. "Why don't you come in?"

He stared at me for a short while, unresponsive.

"...are you sure?"

"Huh? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Isn't it weird for a guy to enter a girl's room on the first day of school?"

I grimaced, looking at him with an expression that carried a message like 'You can't be serious. can you?'.

"Who cares? What's the worst thing that could happen?"

"Rumors could circulate if anyone spots us together."

"Then come in, so that no one would spot you." I rolled my eyes. "Besides, some people probably also saw you walking around in the area of the girl's dormitory. It would be better for you to be spotted together with me. It's better for you if people think that we're in a relationship than you being a pervert, right?"

He was silent for a while, before finally deciding to answer.

"..Guess you're right."

And with those words, he entered my room.

"It's quite spacious." He said when he looked around the room. His eyes calmly moved through my room, scanning it as if he was trying to memorize everything.

"It is. Isn't that the same with yours?"

"I don't know. I haven't been to my room yet." He raised his shopping bag, which he wore on his right shoulder, and pointed to it. "For obvious reasons."