Chapter 11 - PROCEDURE

Akshara

After a tiring day at office , I finally reached home . I jut threw myself at bed it was around 10 in night and I was dying to sleep , we had 3 , 4 meetings back to back ; after which Ms. Rehana gave a file to complete and then that Ms.bitch ah! I mean Janhavi asked me to make quotation for the tender after all this I went to see Marry because I won't see her for next 2-3 days because we were going to Mumbai again for the treatment . Its been a month , since we returned we gave all the samples required and Mr. Birla did all the paper work required . We just had to go for the implantation .

Around , 6 a.m. in the morning my phone rang for second time , I ignored the call and then there was knock on the door repeated with the door bells . I got up dragging my feets I opened the door only to see Mr.Birla standing over there . Then , I suddenly rembered that I had to leave for the flight at 6 and it was already quarter pass to six .

" I am sorry Mr.birla  ah ! I mean Abhimanyu,  just give 10 min I'll get ready quickly , please come in sit , I'll be right back " I spoke quickly appologising , he nodded and I ran to my room .

After taking a quick shower , I dressed my self in pink jumpsuit with  my black flats . Quickly packed my some of my dresses and taking my backpack , I ran out of the room , only to see Abhimanyu sitting with coffee mugs .

" Abhimanyu ? " I spoke .

" hmm.. ? " He answered .

" lets go , I am ready " I asked .

" umm.. yes , here take this " he spoke giving me a coffee mug .

" This ? " I asked .

" Yes ! I ordered for both of us " He told me .

" okay " I said and we sat in the car .

After reaching Airport we met Manan who told us that we had missed our flight , he booked another but it was after one hour . We decided to wait in lounge . We were sitting . When breaking the silence I spoke .

" I am sorry "

" why ? " he asked .

" Because of me , we missed the flight" I told him .

" No worries , we have another ; don't be sorry " he assured me .

" but  ... "

" No buts and ifs , you want to eat anything" he asked interupting me .

" No thanks " I spoke , although I was dying to eat anything , I neither had my dinner nor breakfast .

" sandwiches ? " he asked .

" ha ? "

" I am going to have sandwiches you want them ? " he asked again , now I could not resist myself , I nodded and he brought the sandwiches , we had them followed by boarding of our flight .

After traveling for 2 hours , we reached the airport . We had a car waiting , we directly went to the hospital it was around 12 in noon and we had our appointment at 1 .

We entered the hospital and the nurse took us to the doctor's cabin , we met the doctor he asked us if we were ready for the procedure , if I was ready . We told him our answer . I was super nervous,  although I had went through these kind of check ups many times in last few months but I don't know I had some strange feeling inside me .

" Mrs . Birla , you're ready ?"  The doctor asked , mrs. birla I got used to this since when I came for my checkups here the doctor always reffered me as mrs . birla amd I felt little awkward about it till abhimayu told me to behave normally and let him continue with this .

" yes " I said nervously ,looking at Abhimanyu  .

" Don't worry Mrs . Birla , everything will be normal , just relax don't stress yourself " the doctor assured me , the nurse came and asked me to change .

After changing , I was being taken to the ot when Abhimanyu spoke .

" All the best , Akshara  ; just relax no need to worry " assuring me .

" Mr. Birla , you wanna join ? " doctor asked Abhimanyu and he looked at me , as if seeking my permission, at this point , I really wanted him to say yes it was better if he came along with me than I getting treated by a male doctor all alone .

" Come , Mr birla you should join her , she will feel better and relaxed " speaking this the doctor dragged Abhimanyu by his hand . He glared the doctor but followed him .

" Don't worry Mrs. Birla , I am not doing the procedure , we have quite talented interns ; one of my best intern/ juniour doctor is going to do it for me as Mr. Birla requested ; sister please call Dr. Aarohi goenka" the doctor told . After listening to the name I got up with jerk .

" Dr . Aarohi goenka ? " I spoke shocked .

" yes , she is very talented last year when this branch was innaugrated , she was transferred from Udaipur's branch " he told me , giving me biggest shock of my life .

" Abhimanyu , I don't want Dr. Aarohi to do this procedure please " I spoke to him .

" why  Akshara ? She is one of the best interns that's why she has been transferred from Udaipur's branch ; don't worry just relax " He told me .

" but ... " before I could answer,  the nurse came and told the doctor that she went to udaipur this morning because of some family emergency . Listening to this I got relaxed .

" Okay , then please tell Dr. Rishika to assist me ; sorry Mrs . Birla I have to do this because one of my best doctor is not available and I can't  take risk by handing over to some other intern" doctor told me .

" Its fine doctor,  not a problem " I spoke assuring him although it was a problem but better than dr. Aarohi treating me .

After half an hour , the procedure was done , the doctor told us to wait for few hours for observation and the nurse attached iv to my hand .

" Akshara , my hand " Abhimanyu spoke up making me realise that I had been squeezing his hand for last 60 minutes and his hands were red and maybe hurting him badly .

" I sorry , I am really sorry,  I didn't realise ughhh , sorry " I spoke feeling guilty .

" No problem , you rest , I'll go see your doctor " he told me making his way out of the room .
After some time due to medication , I dozed off to sleep .

Abhimanyu

After the procedure was done , I went to see the doctor , he prescribed some  suppliments and told us to wait for 14 days ,after which they can confirm pregnancy .

*****************

Sorry , for the short and boring chapter . Please ignore mistakes I don't know much medical things sorry for writing anything wrong don't take it personally . Wrote it roughly , after hectic day .
Guys do comment your views , I was really dicey posting this chapter .

Ignore mistakes ...

COMING UP : 14 days ....
Guess how will be Abhimanyu helping Akshara .

DO COMMENT YOUR VIEWS !!

THANKYOU 💞