"It's... It's complicated," Alliah answered, avoiding the question.

Sarah definitely didn't know what had happened between her and Harry. That was strange. Alliah assumed he would've told his friends about what happened, or at the very least Sarah and Mitch.

"I'm surprised you two aren't together yet," Sarah said, taking another sip of her drink. Alliah made s mental note to stop Sarah from having another drink once she finished her beer. "Especially after what happened that night in your hotel room. Everyone thought you two would seal the deal then."

That caught Alliah off-guard. Her hotel room? Harry had never been in her hotel room.

"What do you mean, what happened the night at my hotel room?"

Sarah gave Alliah a weird look. "I mean... after the 'people watching' release party, when Harry took you home... that night."

Realization dawned on Alliah's face. "Sarah..." Alliah muttered lowly, "what exactly happened?"

Sarah stared at Alliah. "What do you mean, what happened? You were there!"

"I was there, but I got so drunk, I couldn't remember anything in the morning, so, Sarah, I need you to tell me, what happened and how do you know?"

"Well..." Sarah began, only to stop abruptly. She opened and closed her mouth. And then abruptly shook her head, scrunching her face up. "I can't tell you this. Harry made me promise not to tell you this. I can't say-"

"Sarah, why did Harry make you promise not to tell me?" Alliah insisted, desperate to know.

A thought was creeping inside of her mind, a ridiculous concept, but... had she been drunk enough to sleep with Harry?

Her stomach sunk at the very thought.

It felt so wrong, so forbidden. Had they both been too drunk to remember? How had she not woken up with him by her side? Or had he regretted it and left before she woke up?

Sarah shook her head. "I can't say."

"Sarah, please! This clearly has something to do with me, which means I deserve to know."

Sarah took one long look at me and conceded, "Okay. At the party, you got pretty drunk and Harry drove you home. You got to the hotel, and you wanted him to stay with you. You asked him, actually," Sarah explained, adjusting her hair, "And well, you ended up in bed together- I mean you were sleeping together, but you didn't sleep together. Anyways, you tried to kiss him, Harry said no because you were drunk and he didn't want you to do something you'd regret. And then..."

"And then?" Alliah questioned, her heart racing a hundred miles per second. Why was Sarah stopping? "Sarah!"

"Fine. You guys made a promise that if in the morning, once you were both sober, you still wanted it, you could kiss him. Harry told us because he was worried he'd messed up. But we could see the way you two looked at each other. Harry was so excited, he thought you had feelings for him, but then... you didn't kiss him."

Alliah's whole world was thrown off it's axis. All because she had one drink too many, and she couldn't remember it. She'd thrown away her one shot to be with Harry and she hadn't even known it.