Chapter 1: first day back

*SUMMERS POV*

I groan as my alarm goes off. Back to school. I really hate school. This one girl Mia bullies me, it's brutal, but i defend myself, it's just annoying having people talk behind my back all the time. I'm a big believer in just being yourself, that's who i am, i try to shut them out but it's hard some times. i'm not clever either so the teachers don't really like me.

I get out of bed and open my blind to see none other than my enemy Lewis shirtless his back towards me. His muscles are so moving as he searches his draws. He's not exactly mean to me more just annoying. He's my best friends twin brother and captain of the hockey team which my dad coaches, so that makes it all the more better. not.

I get up and dressed for the day

my fit ^^ (minus the bag)

I tie my hair in a half up half down.

I walk downstairs to see my dad cooking toast. I look over and see my Best friend sitting on the couch.
"hey summm" Grace runs up and gives me a hug which i return.
"you look so good" I tell her.
She's wearing a skin tight black dress.
She gives off black cat vibes and i give off golden retriever vibes.
"you look so cute" she says. i smile.
"what are you doing here anyway"
"your dad offered to drive us everyday, it's just easier"
"who's us"
"my brother stupid" she banters.
As she says that he walks through the front door as if timed.
"there's my favourite player" my dad walks over and gives him a hand shake.
"coach" he nods, returning the shake. His gaze then falls to me looking me up and down with a smirk.
"hey sunshine" he smirks. He's always called me sunshine.
"lion" i nod pushing past him to get to the car.
I call him lion because he's grumpy and gets in fights a lot. Just like a lion.
The front seat is taken up by all the sports equipment, and the twins faught over who sits in the middle so to make it easier i just sat there, now squished between them.

As dads driving i get nervous.
My eyes fill with tears thinking about the things Mia said to me.
"hoe"
"ugly"
"annoying"
"suck up"

My leg bounces up and down and i fidget my fingers
Grace is too distracted on her phone and singing the music to notice. Lewis does.
"what's the matter" he whispers in my ear
I look him in the eye and his hard eyes soften when he sees the tears.
"take a deep breath summer, stick up for yourself against her alright? you got it" It's like he read my mind.
"thanks" i smile. I wouldn't expect that word to come out my mouth to him.

We pull up to school and step out the car.
Me and grace begin walking to our lockers and talking . Dad and Lewis are chatting.

Me and grace show each other our timetables and groan as we don't have any together.
"I'll see you at lunch" we say as we walk to our first class.