第17章: Answer

十七

十七

With a deep sigh, you stare at your old home.

You removed your eyewear for some reason. I mean, it's been a while since your adoptive parents have last seen your eyes-- and you know that it scares them, so showing them off would be a little entertaining. After all, you only did not come here for answers, but also to grieve them. And you know this is going to be entertaining.

It was a big house, after all, your adoptive parents were sort of wealthy since they have a quite good connection with Jujutsu High and its agency. 

Ringing the doorbell of the house, you waited as you tap your shoes against the pavement.

Without even a minute lasted, the door was opened revealing your adoptive mother. With a smile, she hurriedly walk towards the gate and opened it for you.

"(Y/n)! Hi!" She greeted.

You gave her a fake smile, but she was too dense to even notice it. She even ignore the fact that you were not wearing your blindfold or your eyeglasses.

She welcomed you in as she snakes her arms around yours, "How's UA, honey?" She asked.

You looked at her from the corner of your eyes, "It's great! We got attacked by a group of villains today!" You enthusiastically said.

Your adopted mother grimaced as her expression quickly shifts into a fearful one, "V...Villains?" She quietly asked.

You nodded in response as you held a flat smile on your lips, "Uh-Huh! And guess what? They have connections with this man named Geto Suguru! Isn't that awesome!" You said as you snake your arms around your mother's shoulder.

She stiffened as she seemingly flinched. She looks back at you from the corner of her eyes and her breath hitched when she saw your diamond-blue eyes staring at her with a blank look-- almost looks expressionless. Her heart was hammering against her chest.

"Are you... okay, Hun? You didn't get any injuries did you?" She asked, trying to portray to actions of a worried mom.

Yet, you didn't answer that and dodged her question, "Do you know the reason why I came here all of a sudden even though the class is not yet over?" You asked.

Seeing the way she gulped, your mother already knew the main reason for your sudden visit.

She shamelessly looked down at the pavement and took a deep breath and heavy sigh, "L-Let's talk about this inside..." She said.

You nodded as you display a smile on your lips as the two of you headed inside the house. Your mother had close the door behind her. You can hear the muffled sound of the television in the living room. Must be your adoptive father.

"Oh? Father's here?" You asked as you look down at your mother who was currently taking off her slippers at the entranceway.

"Yes..." She quietly answered.