Late Night Hangout

As you and Jean walked down the X Mansion halls, the omega level mutant attempted to make some light conversation with you as quietly as possible.

Jean Grey: So what kinds of things do you like to do for fun, Y/N?

Y/N: I don't know. What can we do at the X Mansion?

Jean Grey: There's a basketball court, we could shoot some hoops?

Y/N: Nah, I've never been good at basketball, nor do I have any interest in it.

Jean Grey: Okay. Hm… we have table tennis, we could try that?

Y/N: Sure, that sounds like fun.

Jean Grey: Alright, follow me.

Jean guided you towards the Table Tennis setup. There you saw a fairly average sized Table Tennis… table with two paddles and a few small balls. You and Jean took opposite ends of the table and picked up your paddles.

Jean Grey: I can serve first if you want?

Y/N: Sure, go ahead.

Jean picked up a ball and hit it with the paddle. The ball bounced over the tiny net and onto your side. Once it was in range, you hit the ball back to Jean. Jean hit it back to you, this time with more force. You attempted to hit the ball, but it flew past the paddle and bounced on the floor.

Jean Grey: Yes! Score! Wanna have another go?

Y/N: Definitely. I'll serve this time.

Jean Grey: Okay then, serve it to me waiter.

Y/N: (Waiter? Oh she is asking for it!)

You served the ball to Jean and began a long rally, during which the two of you continued to talk.

Y/N: You're a member of the X Men? How long have you been a member?

Jean Grey: Quite a while; I was one of the original members actually.

Y/N: That sounds awesome! You must have a lot of experience.

Jean Grey: I sure do. Some of it is good, some of it bad, but all of it for the better.

Y/N: What are some of your most notable?

Jean Grey: That would take way too long to list out.

Y/N: Sure sounds like it.

Jean Grey: You would be *hmf* correct!

Jean smashed the ball with such force that you barely had time to react to it flying by you.

Y/N: You're really into this, Jean.

Jean Grey: I suppose I can get quite competitive at times. That said, I really should try to control my strength.

Jean chuckled with a big, bright smile. You felt yourself about to blush again. This time, however, a light red covering appeared on your face. Fortunately, Jean did not see you blushing and continued talking to you as normal.

Jean Grey: All this athleticism has made me work up quite an appetite. Wanna go to the dining area for a late night snack?

It was then that a loud grumble erupted from your stomach.

Y/N: Will that do for an answer?

Jean chuckled.

Jean Grey: Yes Y/N, yes it will!

Just then, a louder and noiser grumble echoed out from Jean's stomach, prompting the psychic mutant to clutch her gut.

Jean Grey: It would seem that I'm in agreement. Let's go while the night is still… youthful.

You and Jean walked towards the dining hall side by side, with you feeling incredibly uneasy in her presence. The more time you spent with Jean, the more it became apparent that you were developing feelings for the older mutant. You weren't sure how to tell her your feelings, let alone if you should.

Jean noticed you feeling anxious and became concerned.

Jean Grey: Is everything alright, Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, don't worry.

Jean Grey: Okay, if you say so.

It was then that Jean let out a deep, wide yawn that revealed the entirety of her mouth to you. You only got a quick glimpse inside before she turned her head away from you.

Jean Grey: Excuse me, I must be low on energy.

Y/N: You're not gonna fall asleep on me, are you Jean?

Jean Grey: Of course not, Y/N, I'll stay up with you for as long as you need.

Y/N: Nice!

Deep down, you felt a little disappointed because, truth be told, you really wanted to see inside Jean Grey's mouth. That would have been a dream come true, but it would appear you would have to continue dreaming… for now!