Chapter 65: Use Somebody | Perfect

Start from the beginning

"It'll be alright, son. You'll see." - She winked at me.

"Of course it is. Now that all the rogues are mated, any boy left is a winner." - Dad said and I'm like revolting.

"Dad, for Goddess' sake, where did you get so much prejudice? They're just people like us." - I glared at him, annoyed.

"Sure, son. They are. I'm just glad my son can't be mated to a rogue, that's all." - He smiled boastfully.

"I don't think I would once I found out Tristan was already 18. Alistair is an omega too. Chris is straight and Elodie is a girl. So the choices are limited within my mating range." - I stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Good luck, son. Text us his name as soon as you find out." - Mom hugged me once again.

"Mom, what if I don't find him today? Zach Matsunaga took 2 years to find his." - I said with despair sinking in.

"Then you'll wait, son. But let's hope not." - She told me, not very comforting though her tone is sweet.

"Let's hope not. I'll die if I have to wait two years. I'm already lonely as it is." - I admitted, vulnerably.

"You're not lonely, Alexander. You're loved by your family and friends. Also, your grandfather wants to throw you a birthday party this weekend to celebrate you and your mate." - Dad informed me, surprisingly.

"Really? Then it's best if I find him, then." - I smiled awkwardly.

I get along great with my grandparents, so it should be fun. But if I don't find my mate it is gonna be awkward as hell.

In case it wasn't clear when I said my forefather helped found this town, our family money is as old as the town itself. In the beginning, my ancestor started a small dairy farm to feed his family.

Soon, he expanded to another farm to cultivate the grains needed to feed the livestock, which would cut the cost of buying it from others. But when he harvested the crop, he sold the excess to a nice profit and then he bought another farm.

Nowadays, the Houser farms are one of the largest conglomerates of farms in the South. But my grandfather runs the business as he learned from his father. Of course, my dad is following in his footsteps to take over the administration of the entire business one day and I'm expected to go to college and do the same when I return.

Honestly, I love the idea.

I'm not the artistic type. I'm not the warrior type to pursue a career in the pack like some of my friends. So, I'm more than willing to do as expected of me.

Plus, I'm an only child. If not me, then who?

I get that it's a lot of pressure for someone, I'm not saying it's gonna be easy. But as long as I find my mate, I'm good to go. Plus, my whole family and friends live here. Where would I go?

As anyone would say, werewolves are deeply family oriented creatures. We're pack animals. We flourish in the collective. And I for one couldn't live without my bitch. Never. I'm gonna miss him dearly when I go to college, but I seriously doubt it'll affect our friendship. Not my Ben.

"What the hell!" - Alistair gasped in shock as he saw my eyes glowing as I looked towards the boys talking. Though it's my birthday, so I don't know why he's so shocked. This is supposed to be happening. At least, that's the hope.