Chapter 49: Figures

Alistair

I'm torn.

I do wanna get close to my birth father's side of the family. It's not like my mom has any contact with her family. So, Roberto and Prudence may be the only grandparents I'll ever know.

This is not lost on me.

And grandpa has been nothing but a stand up guy to me so far. He has shown me love, respect and acceptance. This means the world to me.

And now my cousin wants me to go to her birthday dinner party. I'm very divided over this. On one hand, it's nice to be included. She's extending the olive branch, being welcoming. I love that.

On the other hand, Bruno is gonna be there. And I could barely survive his last visit. I understand I'm gonna keep running into him since we live in the same town - and it's not like we live in New York City. We run in the same circles.

But I'm in my feelings about seeing him again, even if in a group setting.

I have a lot to think about. My mate told me that he'd support me each way I decide, of course. And he's totally up for accompanying me should I decide to go.

My mom said it's my decision. She's not gonna involve herself in any of my relationships with the Carreras. She's keeping herself neutral and I can appreciate that. Trust me, she has plenty of reasons to see him dead and buried.

But she's trying not to hold a grudge against him. I mean, at least not in the sense of poisoning me against him. I hope for his sake they don't cross paths. Just saying. I don't want my momma to be banished from the pack.

Elodie and Roger are going as strong as any recent mated couple who haven't completed the bond yet. Since I took my time as well, I can relate to her. But I also am not bringing that up. I'd hate for her to feel pressured, especially as a young girl.

From one (former) virgin to another, sex isn't something that should be rushed.

Though I only remained virgin out of fear, not by choice. Not that I need to broadcast that information. I just couldn't live with myself if ever I had a "Lex situation" to deal with it.

There's a tea I don't want Sarah ever to prepare for me - though I don't know if she has a tea for that too. Maybe. Who knows.

Speaking of Sarah, she has been doing great now that her daughters are matriculated and she has time on her hands to deal with adult stuff. I know my siblings' birth certificates are on their way to being emitted. Billy also has received his and he even renewed his driver's license. All adults have renewed theirs. Now, it's up to us teens to take our driver's ed.

Luna Alicia has found momma a part time job in a store downtown. She's cleaning and making coffee, but maybe one day she can do other stuff as well. I know she isn't afraid of working. And she instilled the same in me, the value of hard labor.

Like I always say, life ain't easy for a rogue. But we're more than willing to make it work.

"If you ask me, you should definitely go, Ali. Make the most of your time here since you're not going away any time soon. And your grandparents aren't at fault for their son's behavior." - Sophia spoke in an empathizing tone.

We're having dinner on a Thursday night. Three days away from Lena's festivities.

"I'm considering it, Sophia. But I get your point. Thanks." - I smiled politely at her.

"Maybe bring me back some cake." - Chris snickered.

"I don't think you should get anything from Lena ever again, Chris." - I snapped back at him in a snarky tone. He gasped and everyone here knows about their complicated history.