As much as she runs she's still here

A week later

"So, um, I think I'm falling for you. I know its fast but you've been really sweet." Aubri said smiling. She was sitting in the sand on the beach next to Brantley. Brantley smiled and nodded, "I guess I just have that charm over girls." he said sarcastically. "I really appreciate how helpful you've been and I appreciate how generous you've been also." Aubri told him. "Thank you. I was raised a gentleman. My mom would be very disappointed in me if I ever treated a girl wrong." They went back up to the truck and got inside.

On the way home Brantley and Aubri talked quietly. "I can honestly say I don't feel the need to run anymore. I feel safe and secure." Aubri said looking at him with a slight smile. Brantley smiled and put an arm around her. "With me, you are safe. I won't let anything hurt you." he said. His smile was enough to make her heart beat faster than normal. She exhaled and smiled. When they got back to Brantley's house they went upstairs and sat on the balcony. Brantley's phone rang and he reached over and picked it up. "It's Tyler. I'm gonna take this really quick." he said with a smile. He sat up and answered his phone putting it on speaker. "Hey, how about you and Aubri come down tonight. The guys are getting together and bringing the girls. She won't be alone tonight." Tyler asked. Aubri nodded. "If you wanna go, we can." she said with a smile.

Aubri and Brantley changed clothes and headed to Tyler's house. They got there and headed out back to the bonfire they had going. Tyler walked over and put his arm around Brantley. "Now Brantley, let Aubri go over there with the women. I have a very important question for you." he said smiling. Brantley gave Aubri a kiss on the forehead and she walked over to where the girls were. Miranda Lambert, Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery, Kelly Clarkson and Sara Evans smiled and waved her into the circle. "Hey, so are you and Brantley dating now?" Cassadee asked with a big smile on her face. "Not officially. I'm waiting for him to ask me out." Aubri said smiling. The boys were talking about the same thing. "I don't think I'm gonna wait very long to ask her to marry me guys. I really like her and don't wanna let her go." Brantley told them. He smiled wide and lowered his head, poking the fire with the stick he was using to roast hot dogs.

The girls walked over and sat by their guys. Aubri sat quietly beside Brantley. Brantley put his arm around her. "Aubri, would you want to be my girlfriend? You've been staying with me for a week and have admitted liking me. Now I may be wrong and crossing the line, but I feel like we both know each other pretty well." Brantley said. Aubri nodded and smiled. "Yes, Brantley, I will date you." she said smiling...(to be continued...)