Chapter 7: To the Library!

Hey minna! School's over so hopefully I can spend more time on my writing skill. Thank you to those who are reading this, it really means alot to me. I'm adding some more romantic arts to strengthen the Nalu so yay for that. Enjoy the chapter! the picture above is what I think Rin would look like.

————————————————————-

Lucy

We had all woke up early, around eight or nine, to head to Magnolia's largest library. Natsu seemed to be feeling better after his rest, draining magic power is tiring after all. I don't understand how or why Rin drained his magic power like that. It really worried me. I guess that was what we were on a quest to find out today.

I realized I had stopped walking and the others were several feet in front of me.

"Lucy! Is something wrong?" Erza called, turning around.

I began jogging through the thick snow to catch up. "No, just got lost in my thoughts for a moment."

After turning several blocks, we made it to the library. It was large and covered in red brick and had some stain-glass windows here and there; it kinda gave it an old-timey feel.

"Haha! Happy, doesn't this place look ancient?" Natsu said.

"Aye, Natzu!" Happy replied. I turned towards Erza.

"So who should look up what, Erza?" I asked.

Erza shifted and her armour made some chinking sounds. "I will look up some history on her sightings. Gray, you will help me. Lucy and Natsu, you two find out about the kind of magic she uses. Try to focus on her teleportation. Happy, you can go with them."

I was very interested in knowing what happened last night, and I also enjoyed learning and reading in general, so I took Natsu's arm and pulled him inside.

"Come on, we have to find out as much as we can!" I said. I may also enjoy holding his hand..

I picked out a few books on demonic magic, and opened one called "Dark Magical Abilities: Demons". I pulled out some speed reading glasses I borrowed from Levy, and skimmed through the pages until I found it. Rin's magic.

"Did you find something?" Natsu said, peeking over my shoulder.

"Mhmmmm...One sec." I replied.

'Rin the Ice Demon. It took many strong wizards to capture this demon and seal her away in the year X682. She specializes in Ice magic, but uses other magics as well. Her ice is known to glow rainbow, and be colder than normal ice or snow. She has over a dozen attacks available, every one being extremely damaging. Her other magic abilities consist of illusion magic and teleportation magic. She taught herself these powers, causing her to have special abilities in each one. She has two "magic containers". One for ice magic, and another for the extra powers. The one for the extra powers however, is much, much weaker than the ice container, so she absorbs magic from around her to refill it. She can only absorb a certain amount of times in a given time, though.'

"Natsu! Look at this! It's why she drained your power!" I cried out.

He scanned the page. "Oh, that makes sense! She seems like a pretty powerful demon, too." he said thoughtfully.

"We better let Erza and G'" I started before Erza ran into our section.

"Natsu! Lucy! We found out something quite disturbing about Rin, you must see immediately." Erza said, beckoning for us to follow.

"Let us say what we found first, if we may." I said.

——————————————————————————

An hour or so before the last section: Erza

"Gray, hand me that book over there, the one with the blue cover." I said.

Gray handed it to me and I flipped it open. Nothing on Rin. Man, we have looked at a dozen history of Fiore books and not a single one contains anything on Rin!

"Erza, maybe we should try out the largest library in Fiore, cause we ain't findin' anything here." Gray said, looking around.

"No, there should be something here. Let's ask that worker over there." I said.

I pulled out my sword, "HEY YOU, WHERE CAN WE FIND A BOOK THAT CONTAINS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE IMPRISONMENT OF DEMONS?" I yelled.

"Um..Erza.." Gray said hesitantly.

I pulled away from the worker. He looked ready to pee himself.

"W-well, we do have a secret bookcase over here, I think I can trust you with the information hopefully?" he said.

"Yes. Please show us." I said. He led us to a wall and said a few whispered words. A bookcase appeared with only five large books on it.

"This is what you are looking for. Contains all the history of demons being captured or battled." He said, pointing at a book.

I grabbed the book he pointed to, and found the index. Razar, Revy, Rhumund...ah! Rin!

"Gray! I found her!" I shouted, flipping to the indicated page. I began reading.

'Rin the Ice Demon. She was a large danger in the years X578-X682. Rin destroyed multiple port towns near the coast, and froze crops, causing famine in many places. After a year of wrecking port cities and torturing them, she moved inland, her goal the Magic Council. The Council sent out hundreds of soldiers and many strong wizards to defeat her. They always lost against her, but the worst battle was the one she was captured in. The Battle of Blood-Ice. There were 2,000 soldiers involved in the battle, and not one survived. 50 strong mages took part in the battle, and only one lived. Most say he was lucky, Rin's power was so low after fighting them all herself for almost 2 days straight. He had also not used almost any power before his final attack, for he came to the battle near the end. He focused all of his power (Celestial) on Rin, and knocked her out long enough to seal her away in a port town's underground containment. Since it took all of the mage's power, he died shortly after the battle. The guard who sealed her said Rin said something before he sealed her away. "My power will still feed off of those around me, I will grow stronger, so much stronger. I will escape and you will never be able to defeat me again. I guarantee you that." People who live in the port town, claim the air is always chilled, and they feel tired often. Few people still live in the town as of today.'

"If she's even stronger than back then, how strong is she now?! I don't doubt that she has surpassed even wizard saints themselves, based on this information!" I said, rubbing my head.

Gray took a look and his eyes widened. "What if the Council's way really is the only way..?"

"We must alert Lucy and Natsu of this." I said.

-

-

"So that's what happened." I said, finishing what we had discovered.

Before I started, Lucy told me the information they had learned. Both of these pieces of information are unsettling.

"Maybe if we got a lot of wizards, we could do it...But most of them would die, like in the Battle of the Blood-Ice." Lucy said, putting her head in her hands.

Natsu rubbed her back. "We can't give up yet. There must be something."

I suddenly had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

—————————————————————————

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! What is making Erza suddenly get a bad feeling? Find out in the next chapter, "The Magic Council!"