Chapter 65

When Peter woke up it was still night, though he sensed daybreak wasn't to far away as he carefully and quietly got out of bed to not awake Ororo as Peter went out onto the balcony. Though it was dark, there was enough moonlight peaking through the clouds to silhouette the outlines of thousands of buildings small to large and short to tall that made up New York City, Peter felt the ten of thousands of people who both lived in the city and in his country and smiled slightly. "Trouble love?" A voice spoke behind him and looking around Peter saw Ororo standing by the balcony door, "A little, sorry for waking you."

"You didn't wake me. Your absence awoke me." Ororo said looking into Peter's hazel eyes with her stormy blue ones, "You're still worry about the goddesses contest." Sighing heavily Peter looked down and replied "Yeah, because these ladies are not only great goddesses of power, but when they are angry and seek their vengeance, like not being given a metal apple, they would do it by manipulating things behind the scenes. Such as Hera prompting Menelaus to gather all of Greece to go to war against Troy and Athena aiding them in battles and cunning wisdom that helped the Greeks to enter Troy and nearly wiping out all the Trojans, and…" "And you are worry about the three taking their anger on our people." Ororo finished for him and Peter nodded with his head still down as she approached to cup his face in her hands so he would look at her.

"You can still amaze me Peter Parker, because though you are a King with great power, you don't forget the responsibility that comes with it and the strong love that you have for your subjects." Ororo smiled and Peter sheepishly returned it as she continued "It's true that in the history of the Greek Gods, they don't deal with anger very easily and would do downright evil things in payback against those who cause the anger like Paris did not choosing Hera or Athena. But this time will be very different because we know this pattern that theses goddesses are redoing and if the ladies tried to cause trouble like before, then they will wish that they just left the Apple stay on its shelf." Ororo finished with fire in her eyes and Peter felt a surge of confidence go through him, or maybe it was the crackle of lightning dancing through her white hair, as this time Peter cupped Ororo dark skin face that he swore at that moment to be more beautiful then even Aphrodite as he pulled his Queen into a deep passionate kiss.

As the sun rose Peter and Ororo headed to the throne room where, just as Hermes said, Hera waited for them, "Greetings Queen Ororo." She said bowing, Ororo returned the bow before speaking "And greetings to you Goddess Hera, before you spend the day with my husband, there is something that I need to make clear to you and the other goddesses." Hera raised an eyebrow, "And what might that be?" Stepping forward until she was a few feet away from Hera, Ororo looked at her dead in the eye as she spoke. "You gods are predictable in so many ways, one being the fact that when either you are angry or don't get your way. You tend quite often to get back at the person in question either directly or indirectly, you have brought up the issue with that Apple of Discord again and the last time brought so much pain and suffering upon Paris and Troy. I want to make it clear that whenever you are given the Apple or not, you will not tried to take revenge on my husband or any of our subjects or land. This contest you brought to York and so it will not be harmed by it, if you do then I will personally make you, Athena or even Aphrodite regret it because though your husband is the god of lightning, I also wield it and the storm that I will bring down upon your ladies head, am I understood."

The two women stared into each other eyes intensely for several minutes and it looked like neither was going to given in, but finally Hera conceded and broke the eye contest as she spoke, "You are truly a worthy woman to be a Queen, I respect that and know that you will indeed follow through on your guarantee threat, but your threats, and your little Symbiote Apple plan, is unnecessary, Queen Ororo." "And why is that Queen Hera?" Ororo asked immediately on guard to the fact that Hera knew about their plan as the goddess conjured a large magic dome like a bubble of colorful light around them that completely blocked all sound and sight from outside. "Because I and my fellow gods of Olympus will become loyal allies of your kingdom." Hera finished with a smile.