Chapter 62

Peter and Felicia weren't in a rush to reveal the truth, in fact it was quite nice to pretend that they were normal people and not royalty as they took walks across the rolling hills, taking in the fresh countryside air and enjoying picnics with their new friends. Who was unaware that Peter and Felicia had slipped them each a Klyntar as they slept, which came in use because as Fifi predicted Gaston wasn't going to take being humiliated by strangers, especially a woman, because about seven days after Peter and Felicia had arrived in Villeneuve. Peter was with Fifi, who crush for him was strengthened by the Klyntar to begin to grow into romantic feelings and Peter had a feeling that she might gain the courage to try and makes him kiss her. They were looking out of one of the windows on the third floor, night was creeping in and the lights from the village made it shine like a lamp in the darkness, so Peter immediately noticed when there came group of lights separating from the town and moving along the darken road.

"What is that?" Fifi wondered, noticing the lights too, using his enhanced Klyntar vision like binoculars Peter zoomed in on the light source. Which apparently was made by fire on the end of more than a dozen torches, each held by a townsfolk who was also armed with a pitchfork or some other farming tool, but it was the man at the head of the group on top a black hair. Peter saw the red shirt and immediately knew what was going on "It's Gaston." Fifi's beautiful face paled "Oh no." "Come on." Peter said and the two hurried downstairs. "What are we going to do Mum?" Chip asked after Peter and Fifi explained to the family and Felicia what they saw. "It's going to be alright Chip." Mrs. Potts reassured her son as Maurice spoke, "Peter, Felicia you need to get out of here before they arrive, head out the back door, we'll stall them." The family was expecting Peter to agree but he shook his head, "We're not leaving." "But…" Adam began to say when Peter cut him off, "This is not up to debate, they're coming because of us, if you tried to stall them they would kill you or burn your house to the ground. I won't let that happen because it is one of my duties as King." Maurice and his family was confused and puzzled until Peter willed their Klyntars to awake and their eyes widened as the Symbiote gave them the crash course and they sank to their knees, "Rise my subjects." Peter said and after the family did, "So what's the plan, your Majesty?" Maurice asked.

Soon the mob arrived at the house with Gaston in front, "Maurice Come Out!" He called out "Gaston! What Is The Meaning Of This!" Maurice asked coming out with Adam and Belle beside him, "We are here for the criminals that you have in your home." "Criminals, I don't know about any criminals in my home. Have you seen any criminals Adam, Belle." The siblings shook their heads, "The only people that I know are in the house is our family, the Potts and are friends Peter and Felicia." Belle said. "Those are the criminals who we are here for." Gaston said "Those two? And what are the charges for which they are being accused of, Gaston?" Adam asked in as much as a polite voice that he could do, "Assault, battery and butting in on other people business." Gaston replied and the mob gave a shout of agreement. "If you mean by 'business', you meant stopping you from harassing Belle and 'assault' on you for disrespecting Plumette, then our charges are minor compared to yours, Gaston." Peter said coming outside with Felicia beside him.

"Which should include cowardliness and attempted murder for pulling a gun on Peter." Felicia added and Gaston's face turned red with anger, "How dare you call me a coward." He growled "Then how about you prove that you're not, let's settle this with a duel." Adam said and the mob muttered their approval for the idea and seeing that if he refused that it would make him lose his support while a evil grin rose on his lips Gaston replied "Alright, a duel then, if I win then you two will be thrown into jail and let's add that Belle must agree to because my wife as a reward." This time it was Adam's turn for his face to turn red as Peter said "The first part yes, but the second one no, this matter doesn't involve Belle… A course if I win, the charges against Felicia and I are gone." Though annoyed that Peter refused the second part of his deal, Gaston nodded as he climbed off his horse. As the crowd formed a large circle Peter was about to ready himself for the fight when Felicia spoke, "Peter, there no need for you to fight this coward, beside I'm the one who struck him and so it should be me who fights him." Peter nodded "Alright I accept, and you may use my blade if you wish it?"