Drinking the Tea

Percy's pov
Annabeth and I walked in. I saw an old guy relaxed in his chair watching cringy romcoms.

Annabeth looked at me, I think she expected me to speak up, but I moved my lips silently telling her to do it. She understood and did what I said.

"Uhm..sir?"Annabeth said. I could tell she was weirded out by the many pictures of tea everywhere.

The old guy paused his romcoms. "Hello! Want some tea?" he said as soon he saw us.

He was wearing a red Hawaiian shirt with light brown pants and all brown shoes.

Annabeth  looked at me and and mouthed to me speak now

I did. "Actually, we came for some-" I answered.

The old man clapped his hands in delight. "Yes! How many cups?"

Just then Nico walked in. "Just two, Grandpa. I don't want any, but I bet these two do."

Nico looked at us after he said that in a we-walked-all-this-way-so-you-at-least-need-to-get-some way.

I guess he was right—we had walked all this way.

The old guy looked at us. "Just two? Really? I mean- nothing, nothing, nothing..." he said. He kinda acted suspicious.

"Uh, can we get a name?" I asked. I didn't want to just walk around not calling him anything but The Weird Old Guy Who Sits In His Lounger Watching Romcoms.

He looked at me. He kinda look surprised. "You don't know me?! I am the great Master Fu! But call me Fu," he replied.

How was I supposed to know him? Was he famous or something? I shook that thought off.

Fu walked to the kitchen and made two teas so fast I could've sworn he was magical. After he made them in five seconds, he brought them to us.

"Just drink these on your way back to your cabin and then go to sleep," he said that and then just looked at us.

"Uh- sure?-" I replied. I didn't know what to say to that.

Annabeth tugged on my arm. "Well we'll be on our way now, Fu-"  She looked at me as if asking for permission. I mouthed please to her.

Fu stared at us. "So soon?" He almost looked hurt.

Annabeth glanced at me. "Yep—now."

Before Fu could say another word, she dragged me out the door.

"That was terrible. We don't even know that guy," she said. She looked at me. "Should we drink them?..." she asked me. I thought about that for a minute.

"I mean—we walked all the way there, I think we should," I said, though I was worried.

"Cheers!" I yelled. We both took a drink.