Cheater (Karube)

This story is based before the borderlands because why the hell not.

Y/NS POV
I stare at Karube who stands with his eyes full of rage. I then look down at my cheating boyfriend on the floor, blood pouring down from his nose.

10 minutes earlier

I open my front door with a struggle from all the bags I am holding, "You need help?" I hear a voice from beside me. "Karube, what a surprise to see you here!" He grabs a few of the bags off me and smiles. "Well, I'm out and about y'know? Thought I would come see you." I rolled my eyes at him and joined with a laugh, "Well, be careful. You know how my boyfriend gets."

When I finally managed to open the door and enter inside, instantly I knew something wasn't right. "Karube, can you wait here for a sec?" I  place down the bags and creep slowly towards the living room.

That's when I saw them. My boyfriend making out with some random prostitute looking hoe. "What the fuck is going on here?" I throw my shoe at my boyfriend who gets off of the girl.

",I can explain I swear, she latched on to me!" He points at the girl. She turns to him and crosses her arms, "You said your girlfriend was away!" I throw my other shoe at her. "Get out of my fucking house!"

As she leaves I hear Karube enter, nudging past the girl and staring at my half naked boyfriend. I am furious. "Cheating on me!? It's our fucking 1 year anniversary tomorrow!" I half scream at him. Our poor neighbours.

Karube hugs me and turns to the douche, "What do you have to say for yourself!" My boyfriend rolls his eyes whilst trying to get his clothes back on, "whatever, there just wasn't enough action in our relationship."

I feel a tear drop down my cheek as his words cut through me like daggers. Karube could probably feel me shaking as he let go of me and approached the man. Phub I turn around just quick enough to see Karube swing at the cheater.

My cheating boyfriend collapses to the ground, holding his nose. Blood dripping down onto my new carpet. Ugh.

Present time

"That's what you get for being such a fucking douche." Karube kicks the guy whilst he's on the floor. "We are over, get out!" I tell at my now ex- boyfriend.

He staggers, trying to pull up his trousers whilst holding his nose, tripping over everything in my house.

As soon as I heard him slam my door, I fell onto my knees and wept. Karube turned around to me and crouched down next to me. Her embraced me in a warm hug and kissed me on the forehead, "cmon, you can do so much better than him." He reassures me.

I hugged him back tightly, this moment reminded me of our first encounter. The first time we met was when he stood up to the boys picking on me back when we were 15.

He was also good friends with my cousin, Chōta.

I look up at Karube, "he was the first guy who treated me better than all the others." I sniffed and wiped my eyes. It didn't make sense what I said, but I knew he understood.

"It doesn't matter about them, you have me." My face goes red at Karubes words. I always thought of him as a tough and lively man, but he was so good at comforting me I would think he was my boyfriend instead of that ogre who just cheated on me.

Karube helps me stand and wipes away my tears with his thumb, "why don't we go outside, try and cheer you up somehow?" I nodded my head.

He took my hand and we left my home, leaving the shopping bags where they were. Spending time with Karube was worth anything, even if it meant my freezer food would defrost...

Thank you for reading!
Word count: 6 7 8