sleepover with elena

He sat on the edge of their shared bed, looking at the tired girl laying so close, her back toward him. Still he wanted her next to him. Sharing a bed with him. But he hadn't any excuse. Not anymore.

He turned away from her, knowing she'd wake soon. The rain outside had lessened much since the night before. Roads certainly safe by then. He stood at once as Y/N stirred, reaching for his hoodie on the table. He pulled the fabric on, hiding from the chill to the room that only Y/N would feel.

The girl sat up, hanging her legs over the bed. "I'm grumpy. Can't talk." She sighed, standing from the bed and going for the bathroom, hearing only a chuckle behind her. And even through her grumpiness, his little laugh spread the smallest smile across her lips. But only for a moment.

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

"How much do I owe you?" She asked. They sat outside a CJ's ten minutes into their drive. Light rain splashed the light orange umbrella above them as they enjoyed a small breakfast and large coffee.

Damon shook his head, "don't worry about it," he said, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Come on, you paid for dinner and my stuff at the furniture place. Let me cover the motel."

"I will refuse anything you give me, Y/N," he said, smiling tightly for a moment before taking another bite of food,

"How am I supposed to pay you back?" She asked, gesturing with her hand. He looked over at her wearing a smirk. Y/N rolled her eyes, "for real."

"Okay, okay, fine," he chuckled, "how can you pay me back..." He repeated, sipping his coffee and wondering himself, "hmm," he said, voice peaking slightly as if he found something, "you can't," he shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee.

She rolled her eyes, "well then you will be greeted with coffee the next several times we see each other," she shrugged back at him,

"Um, no. No," he said, straightening his back and looking at her,

"I refuse any objection," she shrugged again, sipping her coffee and this time Damon rolled his eyes,

"You know what? Fine. You're stubborn little self can have that," he said, eyes narrowing playfully for a moment.

。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。

They sat once more in those comfortable, old bucket seats, Y/N's body sore from the inexpensive motel beds. Rain fell soothingly on the Mustang's roof. The sky was a grey-blue, watering the foliage along their road. Their greens and yellows shined and bounced under the drops. She thought about last night, how rainy it was. She'd never been caught in a rainstorm. Needing to stay in a motel until it got better. She always had the fortune of being home when a storm that bad hit. And her very first time just happened to be with Damon Salvatore. The charming man she'd met only recently, and whom she'd just shared a bed with. Glimpses from the night flashed through her mind. She remembered laying in bed with him in a state of certain vagueness. They laid next to one another, unmoving, for what must have been a couple of hours at least. She remembered Damon pulling his arm from her slowly, feeling the dip in the bed as he stood. She remembered the bed growing cold the moment he rose. The door opened too and it was still raining. She couldn't tell what time it was, the memories themselves nebulous. But she remembered it still rained. Much lighter than when they arrived, the pattering against the concrete outside lulling. She remembered he walked out and closed the door behind him, taking care in his volume. She remembered stirring slightly from a lighter slumber than before, his bed dipped once more. His familiar warmth travelled under the sheets, reaching her soft skin before his touch. She remembered he laid down behind her again, closer than before. His arm resting over her body, his sturdy and safe chest against her back. She remembered his legs sliding against hers and they laid aside one another like a puzzle finished. Together, they slipped once more into reposeful rest. She turned her head to him for a moment, then back out the window on her right, and in the corner of her eye, she saw Damon glance at her as well. For a moment she pondered asking where we went. Quite odd to just leave in the middle of the night in a town you didn't live in.