Chapter 28

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

The realization hit you on why you are here. You are a demon slayer who vowed to eradicate the emperor's existence including other demons.

"O... Okay." You spoke as you went to grab your mask and sword.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

You followed Chiko to the assigned village and didn't hesitate to enter it and investigate

You followed Chiko to the assigned village and didn't hesitate to enter it and investigate. Night soon rolled over and you immediately spotted the lurking demon. You chased it till it got trapped. You pulled out your sword and finished it.

Chiko soon came and assigned a new mission in place that isn't far away from the town.

You nodded to his words and start to head there. The moment you reached there, you hear the screams. Assuming that a demon is torturing its victim, you head there and you see a demon playing with the limb of the human who was crying from pain.

You unsheathed your sword and launched an attack at the demon.

After a quick battle, you managed to kill the demon and soon some people in demon slayer uniforms with veils on their faces came which confused you until Chiko explained that these people are Kakushis who clean up the battlefield and treat the injured.

You were astonished by them so you bowed to one of them who panicked and told you it was alright since it was their job after all.

Chiko announced another mission which you acted on immediately and head to the place the demon lurked around.

After completing the mission, the sun rose from the horizon its sunbeam chasing away the dangers of the blood-thirsty demons and giving the peaceful time for the demon slayers to rest after a long night even of hunting them.

You let out a sigh since you finally be able to rest. You didn't plan to leave the town without having a meal to keep you active.

Stopping by a restaurant, you ordered a bowl of fried rice. Your order soon got served and you got to eat it.

After having a warm breakfast, you paid the owner and then left.

Time passes by and the demons you start to face are strong which gave you the motivation to train whenever you can.

Seasons kept on changing to the point you haven't noticed your physical growth and time. Time got meaningless as you got more absorbed in the present. Head to missions, kill demons, find a clue on the emperor, and then survive. At this point, you also explored most of Japan since the path got a bit familiar to you.