Chapter 18

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Recap of the last chapter:

You soon stepped forward for your first mission as an official demon hunter.

'I wonder how it will go.' You thought feeling a bit nervous.

You soon followed after the crow heading toward the location.

━━━━━━━━━ † ━━━━━━━━━

Entering the town you were assigned to, everything seemed normal at first glance

Entering the town you were assigned to, everything seemed normal at first glance. 'Don't judge a book by its cover. No matter how normal something seems, there might be something fishy going on in here.' You reminded yourself.

After a while, you felt the feet of a bird land on your shoulder. "There are reports of people frequently disappearing at night. Finish off the demon lurking in here." Chiko, your kasugai crow spoke calmly. You nodded and set off with Chiko flying away.

On a simple walk in the street, you observed people's behavior. Their faces showed no signs of any negativity when an unexpected situation occur. It was peaceful to be exact.

It was like any normal day for people working in the streets, selling their goodies, some walking around to buy while others were minding their businesses.

Time passes, and you spot a person wandering around like a corpse. You stopped walking and inspect the woman from the distance. You took a closer look at her face and noticed dark circles under her dead eyes. Her face was pale and looked sick, except there is no sign of her taking care of herself.

'Something must've happened to her.' You thought giving her one last glance and continuing to walk. 'I will find that demon.' You thought looking ahead of you.

People soon start to acknowledge your presence and got a bit paranoid about your appearance. You were walking around the town from morning and its noon, judging by the sun's position in the sky and the shadow forming below you.

So people saw you a couple of times and that led to your presence being noticed by a few of the civilians.

The sun was getting lower in the sky as the light clouds blended in with the orange sky. Fewer people were walking around and most of them went inside their homes.

As the sun went down the horizon, the street became silent as if there was not a single soul in those streets except for you.