IV: Friendly Advice

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO and unfortunately, Loki has two left feet and is still struggling to unlearn a few of his habits.

One of them is ignoring non-work related text messages. He was already notorious enough for that ever since before, not only to his friends from his constant ignorance to their group chats (but he does read the contents at times,) as well as his family and flat out ignoring his brother Luthor's text.

"You applied for a postpaid plan? I guess it's about time for you! Sino ba namang mag aakala na si Alistair lang pala ang magiging daan para mahagilap ka namin!" Lorelei cheerfully said, patting Loki's back.

After the whole fiasco of Loki's confession, the both of them decided to tell the other two of their friends after a few days. Just as expected, Lorelei and Jamie were beyond shocked at pati si Jamie ay muntik pang mahimatay dahil sa announcement nilang dalawa ni Al.

Lorelei doesn't mind at all, in fact she was happy that Loki had finally become transparent towards his feelings and had the courage to put a foot forward! Hindi man nila na foresee na may nararamdaman si Loki para kay Alistair, pero sa kahit sino man iyon, mapa babae man o lalaki, magiging masaya si Lorelei para sa kanya.

She saw all his progress, mula sa isang mysterious at bugnutin na roommate that only cared about his puzzles and chasing M, to a caring friend when the QED four became a tight knitted friendship rather than a club, to a matured and slowly opening person.

Grabe, muntik pa nga maluha si Lorelei sa tuwa niya dahil sa progress ni Loki!

Of course that goes as well to his childhood friend Alistair. They basically grew up together and even their families had their share of history. She knew Alistair was such a gentleman, a sweet caring man that deserved all the nice things in the world.

Seeing him genuinely happy with Loki is a very well deserved happiness for him.

"..I had to. Alistair said our business days communication should be done via texts if we can't see each other. I wasn't joking when I said that I don't have a prepaid load, I was just relying on the company wifi."

"Malamang lagi kang kinakamusta ni Al, baka nga may sweet good night messages ka pa. He's a sweet attentive guy, kahit noon pa. Back then noong kakalipat ko pa lang sa Clark High lagi niya akong kinakamusta, even I don't reply to him."

"..quite the opposite. I think I'm being clingy to him and it bothers me. I'm not usually like that."

"Ano ba mga sinesend mo kay Al? What do you mean by clingy? Minu-minuto ka bang nagtetext sa kaniya?" Lorelei sneered as a joke and Loki rolled his eyes.

"Of course not. Just casual. I text him first then wait for his reply, then answer as quickly as I can. Like I sent a message around lunch at 11:00 am. Then he replies at 11:30, I reply at 11:31. If he texts me again it seems like I've set a timer that I gotta reply to him in under a minute. I think that's really clingy of me, I've never done that before."

Lorelei tried to stifle her laugh. Never in her life she expected for Loki to be an initiator, and yung nag rereply agad. Back then inaabot sila ng araw para sa simpleng confirmation lang ng get together, ngayon isang text lang ni Alistair may sagot agad siya.

Lori just proved how true that one quote is; that love can change you.

"I don't really think that's clingy of you, Loki."

"But I do feel like one."

"That habit is just very new of you, na kahit ikaw hindi ka pa nasasanay. For some people normal lang naman yan, what's not normal is if you bombard your partner with messages at a point of interference to your daily lives. You don't seem that type of guy that will do that, and for sure Alistair will call you out for that behavior."