III: Million Dollar Answer

BEING WANTED BY LOKI is a feat that Alistair had never foreseen in his life. He might have heard Loki proclaimed himself to never want anybody in his life for a million times, and even back before his only want was to chase and end Moriarty and his organization.

Alistair cannot help but to chug down his fair share of wine from those words, drinking the half fast, and filling himself with another glass.

He was processing those words, what it meant that Loki wanted him to be his partner. He was pretty sure his brain's function is slowing down, as he can only get into one conclusion;

His current stand right now is being Loki's potential romantic interest.

ROMANTIC.

8 Letters, 3 syllables, a word that was never even attached to Loki for a span of years.

But  there will be no other explanation for that statement of his.

If a person said that you are their ideal man, and explicitly word by word said that they want you to be their partner, then that's the definition of a romantic interest right?

"When did it start? I mean..your..idea of me."

Alistair was somehow dodging the word 'feelings'. Loki already said that he is still confused about his feelings, and he didn't want to dive down to that yet.

"I don't know, not sure when it started. I supposed it started when I was drunk and you helped me, but..by the time that I can't get you out of my head I pondered more why the thought of you is bothering me. Then I remembered more of you. It came to my mind that you were the first person I saw when I opened my eyes from a coma a decade ago."

"Lorelei and Jamie were there too. Tita Frigette and Tito Odinnaire. Luthor as well."

Alistair can vividly remember that day. That was a month after the M case ended, Jamie was still suffering from amnesia and Loki was in a long month coma without signs of waking up yet. He and Lorelei were routinely visiting Jamie's home and Loki in the hospital, then one faithful day that Loki teared up and moved his finger—all of them were in shambles and tears. Even him cannot contain himself and shed his fair share of tears.

"I know they were, I can hear them even with my eyes closed. Yet it was imprinted in my brain that your face is the first I saw, your tearful and shining brown eyes looking down against mine..the way you were tearing up while calling my name. I can hear everyone but yours are the clearest in my ears—and your tears are dropping into my cheek." 

The memory was very vivid for Loki. That was his second chance in life after dodging death's attempt to get him. Out of all the people in the room, Alistair was the first focus of his vision. His hearing. All of his senses. His second chance in life, and the first who was presented to him was Alistair.

Damn.

Now he thought of it, that was poetic.

"I don't believe in superstitions, or those romanticly poetic faith signs Al, you know me." Loki chuckled, taking a sip of his glass.

"Pero minsan napaisip ako kung yung luha mo na iyon is the first symbol that one day I'll end up being..no, you'll end up being the man I would want."

Alistair's hands were fidgeting, and the more he processed Loki's words—the more he malfunctioned. He wasn't  drunk, but he felt like he's getting there without drinking anything. He cannot find the right words to respond to him, the information was immense and dizzying!  Perhaps for a person like Loki, this declaration could be a definition of hardcore for him and is being aided by alcohol.