When your child saves your other child foist it on your abusive sister

Helena was brilliant. Ryan was stupid. Helena was kind and hard working. Ryan was lazy and a bully to boot. But Ryan was worshipped and adored while Helena was ignored.

*********
On their fifth birthday, there was a huge banner saying 'Happy Birthday Ryan!". He got over 200 presents. Helena had no banner and got 7 presents. One from Sirius; one from Severus; one from the Lovegoods; one from the Longbottoms; one from Mr Weasley and his sons Fred, George and Percy; one from the Malfoys and one from the Tonks'. Ryan started bullying her and because it was Ryan, the adults encouraged it. She eventually managed to escape thanks to Fred ad George.

She crawled under the table. Her friends exchanged looks to decide who would cheer her up and Nymphadora won. She crawled under the table and sat beside her friend. " Nym, I hate being me. I do the absolute best I can but then Ryan takes credit for it . He can't even read and I've read more books than his parents and and uncle Sev put together but everyone says that he's the clever one." She never called James an Lily her parents because they did not behave as such. Nymphadora Tonks was only nine years old. But at the age of four she had seen her father die at the hands of the Death Eaters. She had grown up quickly since then and was wise beyond her years. "It only matters when you let it matter." Helena nodded and wiped her eyes. " Your the best Nym." Just then, Ryan set off a huge firework. It sped towards him and his friends. Wandlessly and with lightening speed, Helena conjured a shield that absorbed the impact so that Ryan was not hurt. The adults stared for a moment at the shining shield that bloomed in front of him. Then almost all of them rushed towards him, ecstatic that his first display of accidental magic was so spectacular. Helena's small group of friends hugged her. The party continued until Ryan fell asleep. Then everybody went home.

James picked up Ryan and he and Lily put him to bed with the utmost care. Then they stalked downstairs. Helena had been cleaning and washing with magic, but sipped just in time. The house was spotless. James loomed over her. "How dare you do that to Ryan?" He yelled. Helena was confused, even if she wa a genius she was five years old and very tired. "Conjure the shield?" James gaped, astounded at the, to him, blatant lie. Lily rushed in. "Ryan did that, you minx! He has the most spectacular displays of accidental magic, bless him. You on the other hand, have yet to show a spark of magic. After what you did today, you are unsafe to be around him. We are sending you to Petunias." And without another word, or even goodbye, James and Lily Potter created a Portkey to Petunia Dursley, pinned a note onto their five year old daughter and sent her off.

*********
Fate and Magic looked down at Helena's plight in horror. "We need to do something, and fast." Fate states. Magic nodded. "But what? We could strip the Potters of their magic?" Fate shook her head. " That would just make them hate her more, especially if she keeps her magic which I know she will." Magic sighed. "Then what?" Fate shrugged. Thy sat in thought for a week. Then Fate jumped up. "I've got it!" Magic looked at her in interest. "Well, what is it?" Fate giggled in excitement. "We bring back the Founders!" Magic stared. Fate sighed and shook her head. "Think about it. The Death Eaters know that she is the Girl who Lived but everyone else thinks that it is that pig of a boy. So she needs to have someone powerful look after her. Several of them. She is a genius so they need to be geniuses as well as teachers. She needs a stable family with parents bad preferably an uncle and aunt. She has the potters and Dursleys. But what if she had the Slytherin-Hufflepuffs and the Ravenclaw-Gryffindors?" Magic tilted her head and considered. "It could work. The Founders are powerful, geniuses and in stable relationships. They are teachers and have had children of their own. Moreover, Helena is a descendant of all four of them. It's brilliant!" Fate smirked, she rarely got the better of Magic. Fate clicked her fingers and four figures appeared. Two men and two women. Helga Huflepuff in yellow and black, with sparkling black eyes and long soft curling gold hair. Salazar Slytherin in green and silver with short straight black hair and killing curse green eyes. Rowena Ravenclaw in blue and bronze with piercing blue eyes and straight black hair. Godric Gryffindor is red and gold with curling red hair and twinkling black eyes. Fate and Magic high fived. "You know why you are here and what you need to do?" They nodded. "Then good luck." And they disappeared again.
*******
Petunia Dursley regarded herself as a very reasonable, kind and conscientious woman. She backed up this opinion with the fact that when her freak sister had sent her freak daughter to live with her, she had given her houseroom (the cupboard under the stairs), food (the leftovers once she had cooked for the entire Dursley family) and something to keep her mind off the fact that she had been thrown out by her own mother and father because her freak brother had had a tantrum (chores from 6 till 10). The fact that ten thousand pounds sterling went into her account months in exchange didn't figure. Helena would disagree. She had been shoved into a spidery cupboard which she could barely fit in, got one scant meal a day and in return was essentially a slave. But no one had asked her.
She had been in this hell for a week, too scared to do magic and too tired to either, when the front doorbell rang. Petunia answered the door.

Salazar Slytherin disliked these Muggles. It wasn't because they were Muggles but because they were essentially dislikable. He knocked on the door because he was the first there. It wasn't that he was eager to see this girl. Just that he was first there.
The woman who answered looked like a horse. When they were sat in the living room, the man and boy who entered looked like a matched pair of walruses. He shuddered.
Helga's calm and pleasant voice spoke. "Good day to you, Mr and Mrs Dursley, Dudley Dursley. We are here about Helena Potter." The repellant family froze, exchanging glances. Salazar smirked before continuing. "You needn't worry, we will take her off of your hands and you will never see her again. All we want is Helena." The woman put her head on the side and then nodded. She yelled, "Freak, there's some other freaks here to take you off our hands." The Founders were shocked, who talked to a five year old like that. It sent them back to the dark days when the ability to save a dying man meant you burned alive.
A silvery voice interrupted their dark thoughts. "I'm Helena... Potter. Who are you?" They looked up, the hesitation before the last name not missed. When they saw the girl, it was like a physical shock. Here was a girl who looked like one of the better off Muggleborns back when they built Hogwarts. But beside the obvious abuse, she looked remarkably like Helga and Salazar. Her hair was as black and straight as Salazar's and as long and soft as Helga's. Her face and vibrant green eyes were Salazar but her lips and small hands and feet were Helga. She looked like their actual daughter. Helga stood up. " I'm Helga Hufflepuff and this is my husband Salazar Slytherin. We would like to be your parent if you will have us." The beautiful girl put her one side and nodded, the gesture so Salazar that Helga pinched herself. "But please..." she hesitated. Helga growled inwardly at whoever had done this to such a bright, beautiful girl. "Go on, Helena, we are all listening." She smiled at the girl was was rewarded by a timid one back. "Can I bring my books and things and who are they?" Salazar took over. This girl was special and he thought that as their descendants could not raise such a special child properly, their ancestors would have to do. "Of course you may child. Now , theses are Rowena Ravenclaw and Godric Gryffindor, and if you like, they will be your uncle and aunt." The girl nodded again and flicked her wrist. A small bag shot into it and there was a thud as of many heavy objects rolling around. She sighed. "I can't get the books to stay put." Helga laughed triumphantly, such a talented beautiful child. " Have you tried a stasis spell?"