Diagon (again) and Hogwarts preparations

Helena woke up early the next day because Fawkes burnt up. She knew that it was a perfectly natural part of a Phoenixes lifecycle but it still freaked her out.

When she went downstairs, she was overjoyed to find that Tom and Uncle Sev were still there. So was Regula Riddle neè Black (Tom's wife) and Rabastia Snape neè Lestrange (Uncle Sev's wife). They all smiled at their favourite girl.

"We got the posts." Sev told her, waving the parchment in front of him. Helena squealed and jumped up and down, accidentally landing on her father as he was coming in behind her. He laughed and swung her over his head. "Daddy! Did you know." "Of course we did Lena." Came her mother's voice. Then it continued excitedly. "And because it's so close to Hogwarts time we can go shopping now - we've only got a month and we'll have to pack and study and everything in the meantime." Salazar groaned, Helena squealed in excitement and Regula and Rabastia perked up.At that moment, Lucius fire- called to beg them to do their Hogwarts shopping with the Malfoys' an preferably get Lucius out of it because Narcissa was mad.

In the end, Helga, Rowena, Pandora Lovegood, Regula, Rabastia, Narcissa, Andromeda and Augusta Longbottom took Helena, Luna, Neville, Nym, Fred, George, Percy and Draco shopping. They also needed to get a load of stuff for Rabastia and Sev's baby girl when she arrived.

So, they ended up shopping all day. Because no one in that group found everything boring. It took two hours to get the children away from Flourish and Blotts and Quality Quidditch Supplies. Eventually they had everything done and were heading for Madam Malkin's. She was the only one who did Hogwarts robes because Twilfit and Tattings couldn't get Dumbledore to let them as they were vaguely Dark.

They hadn't had any trouble all day as no one was stupid enough to mess with 16 of the most powerful Purebloods in England. Their robes and dresses screamed money and power and their Pureblood masks were impenetrable. So they weren't expecting any trouble in Madam Malkin's.

At first everything was fine. Everyone was fitted and went to wait at Fortescue's. Helena went last and her mother and Regula were the only ones there. Not that there was anything to worry about, both witches were highly skilled - Regula because of her Black upbringing and the war between the Light and Dark and Helga because she was Helga Hufflepuff she could do anything.

Helena was mostly done hen the door opened. In came Ms Prewett, the divorce had gone through a day earlier than expected and she had her spoiled brats while Lord Weasley took care of his children and courted his soulmate, Heiress Artemis Crouch. Molly Prewett had the loathsome Ronald with her. She turned and screeched at one of the assistants to fit her darling boy's robes. Thankfully they were soon done because he only needed one pair. Helena needed several.

They had just breathed a sigh of relief when the door opened again. In came Professor McGonagall, she was one of the good ones, with a bushy haired buck toothed girl.

Hermione Granger was Gavin a great day. She had alway been the top of her classes and now she could be the top of her classes in the best magic school in the world. In the robe sho, robes, so last millenia, was a family. A woman with long curling blond hair and sparkling black eyes. She was short and slender and wore a green dress trimmed with black. The woman next to her was tall and slender with long wavy black hair and mercurial silver eyes. Her dress was the exact colour of the sky and Hermione sneered. These were obviously gay women, flaunting their unnaturallness to everyone with their money rubbing everyone up the wrong way. There was a girl on the stool, tall and slender with black hair below her knees and huge eyes an impossible shade of green.

Helena was almost done with her final pair of robes. She was chatting to her adopted sister-in-law, Regula about the use of Parselscript in wards. Regula's objection was there was about 3 people in Britain who spoke it. The other girl marched up to Helena, Minnie didn't notice because Helga had drawn her into a conversation on Animagi and the possibility of multiple forms. The girl confronted Regula and called her gay like it was a bad thing. Regula brandished her ring to Tom and told her off before stalking away, annoyed that anyone could think she liked her adopted mother-in-law. No, Helga was like a mother to her, eww.

The girl stared at Helena. "Who are you? I'm Hermione Granger, I'm going to be the cleverest witch in Hogwarts, how did you find out about magic, I got an awful shock when Professor McGonagall showed up and told me I was a witch." Helena didn't dislike people for what they couldn't help but what they could. This girl was arrogant, brash and very annoying. So she decided to play the 'most important girl in Britain' card. "My name is Helena Slytherin-Hufflepuff. I have five Heirships and ten Ladyships. I've been practicing magic since I was 5 and I'm going to sit my O.W.L.S. in the Yule holidays. I'm a Pureblood - I can trace my ancestry back beyond the Founders and Morgan Le Fay. My mother and father are Lord and Lady Slytherin-Hufflepuff." The other girl sneered. "So your an arrogant shit who piggyback ma on her parents wealth and doesn't work for anything. I doubt you can trace your ancestry to Morgan Le Fay , besides, she was evil."An obvious ploy and she happened to look at Professor McGonagall. The Professor looked at her like over glasses and strokes a beard. Ah, the girl served Dumbledore. She refused to get ruffled, obviously Dumbledore wanted to show her as an evil snake. "Miss Granger, which part of an 11 year old sitting several fifth year exams is piggybacking on my parents wealth? Obviously, you wouldn't understand, not being from a Wizarding home. Madam Malkin sighed as the girl moved and spoke up. "Lady LeFay, please don't move right now I am almost finished. Miss Granger please wait until I am finished. I will be owling your guardians, you do not just come in an insult my most prestigious customers. You've barely joined the Wizarding world and you are telling a girl your own age that she is evil because she is descended from a powerful witch who is portrayed as a villain by Muggles? Morgan Le Fay was a champion of wizardkind and is one of our idols. Now I suggest that you keep your mouth shut before you do anything to upset the most important girl in Wizarding Britain."

Madam Malkin was soon done and they made they're way to the others.

After heaps of the excellent ice cream, they all went home. Helena had completely forgotten about the encounter.

Helena went to sleep that night to the sound of her mother packing and repacking even though they had packed her trunk before dinner.

Notes:

Just to clarify- Regula is not homophobic, she is angry because a child just walked in and yelled at her, assuming that she was married to Helga and Helga is the mother that Walburga Black never was. So she is annoyed as this arrogant Muggleborn waltzed in and judged her, for being something that she was not.