𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

A loud beeping greeted Alex's ears, pulling her out of the first dream she had had in a very long time. The speedster didn't hesitate to shut off her alarm before letting out a silent sigh. She kept her eyes closed to take in the silence for a moment, only for it to be broken by distant voices. Confusion flowed through her veins as she slowly opened her eyes to be greeted by a room that wasn't her own. It only took Alex another moment to remember what happened a few days ago.

Atlas had told his parents that Alex was living on her own a few weeks ago without the latter knowing. The Easton girl was starting to get suspicious that something was going on when her best friend started bringing his little sister along when they hung out. And on top of that, Atlas began inviting her over more to his house for family dinners and family movie nights. She was starting to get along with his entire family and was always happy to be around them. It wasn't long after that when the Duncan boy asked the question that he was excited, yet nervous to ask. Atlas asked Alex if she wanted to come to live with his family. The speedster was skeptical at first. Yes, she trusted Atlas with her life but it felt odd that she was wanted somewhere. So that's how she ended up in one of the nicest apartments she'd ever seen that was only a block away from school.

A small smile appeared on Alex's lips when she heard a small knock at her bedroom door. The speedster quickly got out of bed and made her way toward the door before opening it to reveal Aspen. The two girls had gotten along a lot better than either of them imagined since Alex moved in. They spend a lot of time together, whether it's helping Aspen with her homework or watching movies together. Sometimes Atlas thought that Alex liked his sister better than him. It wasn't true, but Alex would never admit that.

"Good morning, Aspen," the Easton girl said as she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the doorframe with a smile on her face, "what brings you here?"

"Mom sent me to wake you and Atlas up. You need to leave for your field trip soon," Aspen responded with a large grin on her face.

After quickly hugging Alex, the Duncan girl turned around and banged on her brother's door with a lot more force. It wasn't long after that when shouting cut through the air. Not even a second after that passed when Atlas opened the door and playfully glared at his sister. Aspen didn't hesitate to turn and sprint down the hall, only for her brother to chase after her.

"And they're at it again," a new voice said, drawing Alex's attention towards the sound to find Patrick and Rena Duncan standing at the other end of the hall.