15 - Kissing Toad

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I reluctantly wrapped my arm around his shoulder. It seemed my touch relaxed him and he settled under my arm. 

"Are you gonna show me how you do it?" Mica mused in my ear. He sounded really tired. I knew he'd spent all morning at school and then most of the afternoon practicing ballet. Hanging out with me was basically all the downtime he had. I kissed the top of his head. 

"I was basically finished with the first step, which is always the lighting... for me anyway. It was a bit over-saturated, you see? Look, here's the before.." I right-clicked on the photo and it turned a lot brighter. 

Mica nodded. "I see." 

"So then I fixed it. And now.. I'm just gonna work on the coloring cause they look a little pale. I mean, obviously I'll never capture your beauty with just a camera but, I can try.." 

Mica chuckled and squeezed my shirt. 

Now I had to do the editing with my left hand, which I wasn't really used to but I also wasn't going to let go of Mica. 

After accentuating the red in Mica's cheeks and the vivid Monarch, I focused on the background. That's when I noticed Mica had fallen asleep. I rubbed his arm and attacked the crown of his head with kisses. He was so freaking adorable. 

Was I supposed to lay him down or just leave him like this? Maybe he'd wake up on his own. 

I continued editing, laughing at random moments where Mica made a weird little noise or mumbled a little. He must have been completely exhausted because even after I was done he was still sound asleep. 

I lifted him up and laid him on my bed. 

Standing over him like this felt unreal. Mica was in my bed. 

• o 🦋 o •

After doing some homework I'd decided to just chill next to him and watch him sleep. I ran my finger down his nose and gently traced his lip. How long until I could kiss him? I twirled his hair around my finger and listened to his calming breaths. 

Mica woke up suddenly. He sat up and looked confused as he took in his surroundings. 

Then he looked at me. He looked very confused and a little upset. 

Oh God, he probably thought I'd taken advantage of him or something!

"You fell asleep." I clarified. 

Mica nodded and stared off into space. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

Mica frowned. "I had a weird dream. Well, I guess it wasn't a dream." 

I was worried. He seemed so lost, jarred. I wrapped my arm around him. "What did you dream?" 

Mica peered down at his hands and began picking at his skin. "That Danny died.. When I woke up I was relieved it was only a dream. I wanted to call him and tell him about it but.. I guess I can't."

What do you say in a moment like this? 'I'm sorry'? 'It'll be okay'? None of that will help. Mica didn't show negative emotions often and now he was so honest and I just didn't know what to say. 

Mica met my eyes. "I'm sorry." He said.

"Why are you apologizing? Mica, I want to hear about this stuff. I want you to be honest with me. Don't you think that I need to know how you feel as your boyfriend?" 

Mica blushed at that last word and started fiddling with the cords of my hoodie. 

"How come you're so shy all of a sudden? I'm pretty sure it was the other way around." I laughed.