15 - Kissing Toad

To [Butter] fly high.
To be very happy or jubilant.

• o 🦋 o •

I was pacing up and down the living room waiting for Mica to arrive. 

I was so freaking nervous. I hadn't seen him in a week! A painful, anxiety-filled week! What if he'd gotten over me already! What if he'd fallen for someone else! 

It had to be Ace! That red-highlighted douche bag from Mica's school! I knew it! I just knew it! 

Who would call their friend 'girlfriend'? Who did that?!

The doorbell rang, startling me. 

"Okay, okay.. You've got this." I walked through the hallway and opened the front door. 

I sighed of relief when Mica smiled at me so brightly. He still liked me. 

"Hi James." He stepped on inside, so close to me. 

His eyes were brownish green today and they were calling my name.

I just couldn't control myself. Without much thought I placed my hand against the wall next to Mica and kissed him. He gasped and after recovering from the surprise he gently placed his hands against my chest and kissed me back.

There was no way anything could get better than this feeling. Of being in love and being loved back. Having your kiss answered by an actual angel. 

Before long, Mica pulled away and glanced at the open door. His cheeks were on fire. I caressed them, causing Mica to giggle softly. 

"Ooh la la!" Kyle came in through the front door, breaking us up. 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. 

"Kyle," I warned but he ignored me. 

"Brother in law!" He smiled before pulling Mica into his arms. Mica chuckled politely. 

"Good to see you, Kyle." 

"It's good to see you too. I figured you guys would be off to a love hotel by now." Kyle pulled away and Mica looked even more embarrassed than before.

"Kyle!" 

"What? With that display I just witnessed, I think you guys definitely have the right vibes for it." Kyle teased. 

He loved this. He loved taunting me, every chance he got. If Mica wasn't around I'd strangle him!

"Come on, ignore him." I grabbed Mica's hand and we went up the stairs. 

"Have you started editing those pictures yet?" Mica asked as he walked into my room. 

"A little.. It always takes a while." I closed the door behind him. 

"Will you show me?" Mica asked in the sweetest voice. He sat on my bed.

I was surprised he cared. And excited too.

"Of- of course, yeah." I grabbed my laptop and joined him. 

He smelled so sweet. I just wanted to smell his hair again. 

"James? It's done loading." 

"Oh! Right!" 

I opened my editing software and revealed the image I'd been working on earlier today. It was the picture of Mica with the butterfly on his nose. In this one I'd managed to put both of them in focus. 

Mica chuckled at the image. 

"Pathetic, I know." I scratched my head. 

"It's sweet." Mica put his hand on my arm and leaned on my shoulder. I was sure he could hear my heart beating out of my chest now. Oh well. I had nothing to be ashamed of anymore. He was mine now.