Chapter 10

Blossom's P. O. V:

As I head down the elevator, I spot Tony flying past, a Chitauri with him. The Chitauri seem to be made out of what looks like armor and metal and they fly around on these jet like vehicles, wielding energy blasters.

Halfway to the ground, I watch as Tony fires a blast of hot energy at a Chitauri, taking it out.

Once I reach the ground floor and race outside, a couple of Chitauri come at me. I thrust my arm outward and form a sharp cherry blossom petal that pierces its chest and knocks it right off its jet.

I smirk triumphantly.

"Stark, Blossom, we're on your three, headed northeast," Nat says into our earpieces, making me blink as I keep the water hovering around me.

"What, did you stop for drive thru?" Tony asks. "Swing up and park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

"And you didn't even get me anything?!" I ask in feigned hurt. "In any case, it's about damned time!"

I make a run for northeast. I see Loki fire at the quinjet, sending it tumbling, and anger flows through me. I follow the trail of thick, black smoke to the quinjet.

I get there just as the hatch was opening and Cap, Nat and Clint walk out, shield on his arm and bow in his hand.

"Are you guys alright?!" I ask, stopping before them.

"Yeah. We've gotta get back up there!" Cap replies, startling me. I turn around and follow them to a nearby building that has caught fire.

We stop and the four of us gaze up at the blue ringed portal that has been opened in the sky by Erik, Chitauri pouring out of it in drones.

Along with a massive leviathan, with wings to fly, made out of the same kind of stuff as its smaller counterparts.

"You've gotta be shitting me," I mutter.

We watch as the leviathan soars down and knocks off a building's tall roof, flying just above our heads. As it flies, even more Chitauri leap from its sides and onto the sides of the buildings, sliding down them to the ground. Those who land against glass windows snag their way into those buildings, and the people inside.

I ask, "Tony, are you seeing this?"

"I'm seeing. Still working on believing," The Stark replies as he flies about and the leviathan flies between two tall buildings. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" I ask, brows furrowed. I don't think anyone's seen him since the attack on the helicarrier, making me feel worried.

"Just keep me posted," Was all Tony says before we disconnect.

Nat, Clint, Cap and I make for cover behind a yellow taxi cab, with me crouched between the redhead and soldier.

Clint says with a glance at Cap, "We've got civilians trapped in that building."