8

I have given up. Like, officially.

The license exam yesterday was definitely not what I expected it to be, but I don't want to conclude on a negative note. They don't really do favors on these things, the seniors were correct. I had no idea what they meant by 'serious.' My chances of earning a good grade are slim. Actually, I don't believe I will pass at all.

What the hell am I going to tell my mother? No, what the hell am I going to tell myself if this doesn't work?

I give my head a rough scratch. Since I'm unsure of what to do, I've been sitting on the floor for hours.

This is totally a curse. Someone probably cursed at me.

"(Y/N), could you go out and buy some flour and eggs?" My mom speaks from the other side of the door.

I stayed silent for a while but within seconds I got up. "Yes," I answered while opening the door of my room. She was holding a laundry basket, and I have no doubt that she will hang them to dry downstairs.

"I have left the bag and money on the kitchen counter," she stated, and I nod at it. "And (Y/N), try not to worry much. I just know things are going to be fine. Go get some air." She smiles. And I give a guilty smile in response.

How would you know, Mom? I was the one who attended the exam.

^^^

So yeah, I ended up buying some light snacks with the money that was left. And with that, I exited the grocery store with two bags.

Mom was right. I needed some air. Being trapped in a dark, disorderly room will prevent me from thinking positively.

It was all in bright and warm weather, under a cloudless sky. Just so lovely and filled with energy. I can't ignore good weather like this.

I removed the two bags from my hold, set the one with my snacks on my lap, and placed the other on the ground. There's a distinct joy about sitting on a park swing and eating food by yourself.

I swing myself gently back and forth on the swing while sucking on the sour candy. I don't plan on eating too much but candy is enough for now. Even if I appear carefree right now, I'm still on guard. But I'm not sure if I'm being watchful or just momentarily disoriented. I did not realize I was being covered by a shadow.

I know who it is. I know his intentions. But still, one part of me wants him to stop irritating me while the other part wants him to continuously speak and irritate me.

"It's been a while..." I looked up to meet his gaze. Instead, it was his black blindfold, which hold nothing.

I guess he wasn't expecting me to just calmly say that. I bet he is surprised. I hope. Because I don't see shit of emotions when he wears that stupid blindfold.

"Hasn't it?" He replies while taking off his blindfold. "Was just my luck that I noticed a bizarre energy here. And to my unsurprise-ness, it was just you, like I had guessed." He grins as if that was the funniest thing in the world.

"Oh wow, you knew it was me!" I said in pure sarcasm and rolled my eyes. He still towers over me while a mischievous smirk forms on his lips.

"From miles away."

What a cheesy line.

"But, aren't you too old for a swing?" He points out and I just stared at him.

"I don't see a restrictions boards saying they are just for 10 years old-