4

"Thank you very much," I remarked as I picked the groceries from the counter. 

Damn, I can finally be free and do anything I want. Now, no more laying in the bed and crying because of the stupid pain.

I will admit that I have zero clue about what happened a few days ago. But, I will not concern myself with it. Me, myself, and I are the three things that come first in my life out of everything else in the world. I know it's self-serving, but it's for my good. Nobody is going to stop you if it's for your good.

"Huh?" When I raised my eyes to the sky, a single raindrop landed on my cheek, followed by several more. 

Could it be raining?

I'm so glad I decided to bring my umbrella. 

I groaned and went out of the store, looking for my umbrella in my bag. This rain isn't going to deter me.

^^^

Ah, I didn't think that it would rain this hard.

People all around me were drenched from head to toe, rushing and seeking shelter. It appears that no one predicted that it would rain today. 

Oh lord. My feet are so itchy right now. I will not lie, my shoes and socks are wet due to some water which got inside while walking. And it's itchy, numb, and cold.

Unfortunately enough, I cannot do anything except keep on walking. Wait till I reach home and deal with this shit.

I groaned and shifted the grocery bag to my left arm since my other arm was beginning to hurt. It looks like I brought too many things than necessary. 

The bag I was holding almost dropped to the floor when a force slammed into me from behind.

"My god-
While grasping the bag of goods in my hand, the umbrella in my palm flew away.
What in the world was that? Is there a nearby lightning strike? What even was that? 

"Um, sorry, my bad." Someone spoke.
So it was a person who collided with me.

I clenched my fists and spun around to face the person who had pushed me. "Hey! Don't you have..." I began, raising my voice, but when I saw who the person was, my voice gradually lowered. "...eyes?" 

I stood there in awe, missing the fact that the rain was drenching me. Am I seeing it correctly or, am I just tripping out?

"You!" I pointed my finger at him. 

"Me?" He pointed at himself looked around to make sure I was pointing at him and not others.

"Silver hair jerk!" I exclaimed.

"Silver hair what?" He questioned, straining his eyes and making a puzzled expression. 

Oh man, it's him.

"Wave your hand at me if you're real."

He hesitated for a few seconds before waving his hand at me.
He's a lot taller than I expected.

Yup, he is real. That cleared my doubt.

"Are you good? Now that I think about it, where is my thank you for helping you?" He moved closer, grinning and sliding his hands into his pockets.

"Helping me?" I mumbled, tilting my head. "Oh, you are talking about the witchcraft you did a few weeks ago?"

He nodded.

I stood still, blinked a few times, and reached for the umbrella in the corner of the footpath, completely ignoring him.

I'm getting soaked. I'm sorry, but I don't have time for that. I'll catch a cold if I remain here for too long.