"What an idiot!" Ymir declared loudly, interrupting Reiner and laughing. "You think your mother might have been that Titan?! Then how come you're so damn short, huh?" She mocked. "Come on, Connie! I knew you were pretty stupid, but this is taking it to another level!"

The others looked weirded out as she continued to laugh.

"Ymir..." Marco trailed off.

"Would you just shut up?" Connie said and brought his hand up to his head. "This is absurd."

"If this theory of yours is correct, that means your father had to be a Titan, too." Ymir said. "Otherwise, you know... They couldn't do it-"

Connie looked at her, angry. "Shut up! Go to sleep, you bitch!"
.

On the roof of the tower, Lynne and Henning stood watch, a small fire burning in the middle.
.
.

Inside the tower, Ymir rummaged through a crate, holding a small lit candle in her right hand.

"Ymir?" Reiner called out, opening the door. "What are you doing?"

"Prowling at night, Reiner?" Ymir teased, facing him. "Come to see me? I'm shocked. I was under the impression that you had no interest in women."

"Yeah. And it doesn't seem like you have interest in guys, either." Reiner said.

Ymir went back rummaging. "I thought I'd use this time to scavenge for something that might fill my stomach. This'll probably end up being my last meal."

"About Connie's village... Were you joking around on purpose? I'd appreciate if you did more of that. So that he doesn't keep worrying about his family." Reiner said.

"What are you talking about?" Ymir asked, pulling out a can. "This might do the trick. Not that I like herring, but-" She stilled.

"Is there any more? Could I see it?" Reiner asked, walking closer.

"Go for it." Ymir said and handed it to him.

Reiner took the can and looked at it. "Canned food, huh?" He suddenly gasped, eyes going wide. "What... are these letters? I can't read any of it." He kept staring at the can. "This says herring on it? You are... able to read... this language?"

Ymir tensed.

Reiner looked at her. "Ymir... You're..."

Ymir looked at him, frightened.
.

"Everyone, wake up!" Lynne yelled, standing on the stairs. "Get to the tower! Quickly!"
.
.

Titans had surrounded the castle.
.

"Gotta be kidding me." Gelgar said. "I'd be drinking right now if it wasn't for you! This is all your fault!" He yelled at the approaching giants.

"Let's go!" Nababa said.

The four veteran soldiers jumped off, ready to kill.

"Get your damn hands away from me!" Gelgar yelled and dove straight down and cut off the fingers of the Titan. "You piece of shit!"

Nanaba shot her hooks into the nape of another one and cut through the flesh, killing it.

The Titan fell, squashing three smaller ones.

"Look at that." Gelgar said, hanging on the side of the tower. "Those little ones got crushed by the fatty." He chuckled. "Dumbasses."

Nanaba joined him. "That was way too reckless! Couldn't you have avoided that without wasting your blades?"

"That's just how I do things." Gelgar said. "You better chalk that one up as an assist."

"How heroic of you." Nanaba said and looked down to see one trying to wiggle out from under the massive body. "I'll think about it."