Broken Promises (33)

Start from the beginning

"you want one?" I asked a man.

"sure thanks." The man said taking a cigarette in his mouth.

Some men had gotten back from doing a search, i walked over to Leah and Pope while Dog continued to follow me. "no sign of tracks anywhere, sir." The man said.

Pope was pissed that they hadn't found my people yet. "you wanna scream at someone, scream at me." Leah stepped forward.

"you trying to get them to like you? Try keeping them alive!" Pope yelled.

"and yelling at them is gonna do that?" Leah asked.

"don't get smart with me. Go be useful, take your boy over there." Pope looked at me as he walked away.

Leah and i went back out, following our orders given by pope. I grabbed my crossbow, finally being able to have it. Leah and i walked the streets for awhile.

"i'm sure the guys are grateful for what you did back there." I walked.

"how do you know?" Leah asked.

"i'd be. You got a good place. I'm sure there's a good story that goes with it." I looked at the ground.

"we needed a place. We found one." Leah looked around. We walked along side a big pond, me walking next to the woods while Leah was on the other side of me. We talked for a bit, before she walked ahead of me.

There was a house that came into view, looking down at the ground. "someone has been through here." I walked forward.

Some twigs snapped and a bush rustled around. "come out!" I held my crossbow up.
A man came out with his hands up. "please.. don't shoot, i have a family." The man begged.

"you're of no use to us." Leah pointed her gun.

"my wife is hurt." The man cried.

"show us." I said walking with the man.

The man started walking as Leah and i followed behind him, going back to the cabin where he said his family was.

y/n Martin

y/n Martin

I found a good place to camp for a bit, Wandering around to keep watch while Maggie and Negan stayed back at camp together.

I was angry, and upset knowing Daryl was with Leah. He still has feelings for her, i know he does. He cares for her. Did he really have no idea what happened to her or was it just a lie?

I thought that daryl would never betray his family, that he was just pretending to be apart of that group, but now that Leah was with them all this time, i was unsure about daryl's decision with them.

I came across a walker, standing there and staring at it. The dead corpse groaned as it slowly creeped toward me, grabbing my knife out and stabbing it in the head annoyingly.

I wiped the blood that had splattered onto my forehead before placing my knife back into its place. The clouds covered the sun making the sky a little gloomy looking. It cooled the air a little, a slight breeze making an appearance every now and then.

After a bit i decided to head back, wanting to check on Maggie and Negan to make sure they weren't killing each other.

The two were sat on a log, looking at each other as if they were in a deep conversation. I stood behind a tree, eavesdropping on the conversation. It probably wasn't the right thing to do, but i was nosy.

"you killed people who had families. You did it in front of their families." Maggie teared up.

"yeah, i did. The world is different. Fewer things to fight with, fight for, hell even to fight over." Negan sat there.

"are you saying you would've done things differently?" Maggie asked.

"if i could do it all over again.. I'd have killed every single one of you." Negan said honestly.

The silence filled the air quickly for a few moments. Furrowing my eyebrows at Negan's words, the honesty in his voice. I continued standing behind the tree, waiting for Maggie to respond. Or if Negan would say anything else.

I could feel the tension between the two grow thicker. "why would you say that?" Maggie finally said.

"it's the truth, Maggie. We do whatever it takes to protect our people." Negan spoke again.

"why would you say that to me?" Maggie asked.

"the only way this works is if we're honest." Negan stared at Maggie.

I watched as Maggie sat there speechless. Tears still in her eyes at the conversation. Things were heavy, and lots of tension around them. Deciding to walk back to them before anything happened. Negan made some masks out of walkers faces for everyone to wear. The three of us left, finding a big group of walkers and leading them away.

The plan was working perfectly as they continued to follow behind.

I groaned and dragged my feet, pretending to be a walker. It was a lot easier to do than i thought, but it reminded me of Alpha.

I'm not apart of the whisperers, and i never will be. They're gone now.

With the group of walkers following behind they could be led anywhere. So long as there was no loud noise to distract them.