"Are you done talking to little girlfriend?" he laughed looking back and I simply nodded. "Are you okay?" Again I simply nodded.

We began the hunt for suits his and mine, being that I would be a bridesmaid and considering that I would not be wearing a dress.
For a while we went from store to store until he made up his mind. And our suits were literally the same, the only difference was that his blazer was white and mine was black.

Back home I headed quietly to my room. And not long after that Wanda appeared.

"Yelena already told me...how are you holding up?" she lay next to me on the bed waiting for an answer from me.

"I don't think I need to answer you that" I sighed closing my eyes tightly so that no more tears decided to run down my face.

"Oh Alex..." She pulled my body close to hers hugging me and petting my hair. "You are in no condition to be at the wedding tomorrow"

"I need to go...the day after tomorrow I am going back to London and I don't intend to return..." I spoke without thinking about what I was saying but after realizing what had just come out of my mouth I agreed with myself.

"Running away is not a solution, Alex. You have never run away from anything in your entire life, and you can't start doing it now" She spoke and faced me seriously. "I won't let you do it"

"You don't have to, Wanda. It's a decision that's already made." I stood up giving her my back.

"Then I'm too late...you've already left...you've already given up" After she said this she got up and walked out the door.

Later that day, I went to the training room to try and relax a bit but while the music in my ears should have given me more strength to keep going it stopped me when a part of the song said 'I hope you both feel the sparks by the end of the drive, I hope you know he's the one by the end of the night, I hope you never ever felt more free, Tell your friends that you're so happy, I hope he comes along and wrecks every one of your plans, I hope he spends his last dime to put a rock on your hand, I hope he's wilder than your wildest dreams, He's everything you're ever gonna need, And then I hope he cheats, Like you did on me, And then I hope he cheats, Like you did on me'

Shit...I thought. Even the damn songs remind me of her.
Obviously I stopped training and went to take a shower to try to relax, once again.

After that I fell asleep and in the morning I was woken up by Yelena, who was leaning over my bed.

"Time for you to wake up Alex" I gave her a kiss on the forehead and got up with no energy at all. I put on my suit and when I turned to Yelena she looked me up and down. "You and your damn suit" she pulled me to herself. "One last kiss" And with that she gave me a short kiss on the lips. "Your brother plus the boys are waiting for you in the living room, we are going a few minutes later, so see you in a bit"

I met up with them and we headed to central park. We were all in position when the music started playing and I automatically turned to the beginning of the red carpet on the grass and saw her.
Natasha in a beautiful white lace dress.
My heart started pounding and I swear I must have been close to having a heart attack. She looked beautiful, like an angel. An angel that was not meant to be mine.

She started walking and it seemed like time had gone into slow motion, and I wished...wished it was me in Atlas' place, wished it was me she was now walking to, wished I could be the one to put the ring on her finger....As she reached him, our gazes met and we quickly looked away. And suddenly, the priest had already begun to speak.

Priest: "Boy, say it with me. Me Atlas"

"I Atlas"

Priest: "Take Natasha Romanoff"

"Take Natasha Romanoff"

Priest: "My lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health till death part us"

"My lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health till death part us"

Priest: "Now Natasha, repeat after me. I Natasha"

"I Natasha"

Priest: "Take Atlas Grey"

And suddenly, as the priest spooke, her gaze crossed mine again and this time she didn't look away.

"Take Alex Grey-"

Fuck, I don't know if I'm glad she spoke my name instead of my brother's or not.

"What did you just say, Natasha?" Atlas looked between me and her and just as he was about to speak again shots were heard.

My brother and the others started running towards the place of the shots and as I was about to look at Natasha to see how she was doing, I came across a gun pointed at my head.

"I guess deep down I always knew that you were a spy between us" I said putting my hands in my pockets as I stared at her expression that should have been cold and calculating but it was the opposite, tears were running down her face.

"Why didn't you stop me? Why?!" She cried out sighing.

"I couldn't...I'd rather know I lived in a lie with you than not have" I sighed back this time not maintaining eye contact.

"Why don't you hate me?" Natasha asked still holding her gun steady.

"Nothing in this world could ever make me hate you, although I wish I could" I looked into her beautiful green eyes again.

"Why?"

"Because hating you would hurt less than being in love with every single inch of you" I spoke looking her right in the eyes as I felt tears streaming down my face.

And that was the last thing I said before I felt a pain in my head and fell inanimate to the floor.