Volume 4 Chapter 7

(Hmph, number one hottie in the mortal realm? Can you really say that with a straight face when you've yet to even sleep with a woman?)

Ignoring these words that came from the Tai Xuan Emperor, Long Hua looks to Shao Tianming, and says—

"Surnamed Shao, make your decision quickly."

As Shao Tianming grinds his teeth together, Wang Yongning steps forward, and says—

"Surnamed Long, we don't have a talisman either."

"Surnamed Wang, are you?"

"Correct."

"Hmm. Alright, I've decided, I'll call you "knock-off Immortal" from now on."

"..."

Hearing this, Wang Yongning's expression darkens, but he is nevertheless quick to get his emotions under control, to which, Long Hua adds—

"What? Against this nickname, are you? Dressed in an attire like that—despite being a Sinner, what else am I supposed to call you?"

(What a harsh tongue he's got...)

Looking at the current Long Hua, Li Xue feels as if this entire time—the former's outward behavior has only ever been a façade.

Drawing in a subtle breath, Wang Yongning replies—

"In any case, we can't give what we don't have."

"Only a ghost would believe that!"

"Quit treating us like grade school students!"

Towards Wang Yongning's words, the unconvinced Sinners are quick to fire off complaints—of this nature, towards the Ashen River Hall.

"..."

Closing his eyes, Long Hua sinks into contemplation.

(Knock-off Immortal doesn't seem to be lying either. In that case, why did surnamed Shao decide to have his group gather?)

Recalling Shao Tianming's words—about being gunned down by the military the moment they exit these ruins, Long Hua figured that they would be using a teleportation array talisman, to escape from such an outcome. However, that no longer seems to be the case.

(Odd...)

Just as Long Hua thought of this, and reopened his eyes, Shen Le walks up to the front, and says—

"Surnamed Long, errr... Can I call you that?"

Towards Shen Le's way of addressing him, Long Hua shrugs his shoulders, and gestures for her to continue, to which, the former adds—

"We have no idea what other tools they might have in their drawer; maybe one of those tools requires them to be in close proximity to one another for it to work properly?"

Towards Shen Le's words, Teng Hao and the rest of his group—other than Chang Ye, nod their heads in agreement.

(Hmm, despite having rotten eyes, this girl is quite sharp.)

"Surnamed Long, up to you."

Saying this, Ye Chen leaves the final decision to Long Hua, who replies—

"Surnamed Ye, you're still calling me surnamed Long? Even after all we've been through together—during this excavation?"

(Surnamed Long, you actually have the face to ask something like that?)

Having witnessed the way in which Long Hua had mercilessly lopped off Ye Chen's head—during their exchanges, Qing Yue is thoroughly amazed by the thickness of the former's facial skin.

"I'm calling you surnamed Long because you're an ass."

Answering as such, Ye Chen shrugs his shoulders.

To a certain degree, Ye Chen does trust Long Hua; otherwise, he wouldn't have left the final decision to the latter.

Chuckling in response, Long Hua turns his eyes to the others, and asks—

"Anyone who was here ahead of that surnamed Shao? If so, did you see him do anything odd?"

Towards this question, everyone behind Long Hua shakes their head.

In response to this, Long Hua puts on an expression of uncertainty, prior to redirecting his gaze back onto Shao Tianming, and says—

"Surnamed Shao, no need to be a stranger; why don't your side come a bit closer to ours? Not like we'll bite or anything."

Towards Long Hua's recommendation, both Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning frowns.

"Umm, ancestor, you mind letting me go first?"

Ignoring Chen Lan, Long Hua's expression turns solemn, as he remarks—

"Your hall definitely has some alternative methods—to get out of this hellhole. I wonder if these alternative methods would be able to let you return here as well?"

"..."

"..."

Taking Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning's silence as a nod to his guess, Long Hua looks to the oasis that's been stained red by the headless corpse.

Taking his fishing rod back from Yu Ji, Long Hua severs the line.

With his feet touching the sands again, Chen Lan's immediate thought is to run back to Shao Tianming and the others; but with almost everyone behind Long Hua glaring at him, the odds of him being successful in his escape are rather low.

"..."

The moment Long Hua points his fishing rod towards the Ashen River Hall, the individuals that make up that group assume a sprint-ready stance—thoroughly prepared to make a break for it, should the line be cast.

"..."

Gradually, Long Hua turns the fishing rod towards the oasis, and noticing this, Shao Tianming is quick to ask—

"Surnamed Long, what are you planning to do?"

Raising a smile of amusement, Long Hua answers—

"All those treasures seem kind of lonely. I wonder what would happen if I fished a few of them up all at once?"

(Son of a bitch, why didn't that Immortal just cut this bastard in half?!)

(Why didn't this asshole just die during his exchange with that Immortal?!)

With these thoughts in mind, Shao Tianming and Wang Yongning's expression turns to one of great discomfort, as they shout—

"Surnamed Long, think this through a bit more!"

"You're going to get us all killed!"

"You two-"

Before he can finish speaking, Long Hua pauses, and looks pass the members of the Ashen River Hall to find—