Part nine

CHILDE'S POV
I opened my eyes. I was looking at a blank, white ceiling. I tried moving my head to look around, that's when I first noticed that I was actually wearing a cervical collar and that I wasn't laying on the sofa of my friends' house. To my surprise, I was where it looked like a patient's hospital room. Turning my head to the left I noticed a familiar person with long brown hair asleep on the chair next to me, his hand holding mine. I managed to gather enough energy to finally slip his name out of my mouth. At least, whose name I wanted it to be.
"Zhongli...?"
He immediately woke up and went in for a hug. I couldn't see his face but I could hear from his voice, he sounded happy to see me waking up. He was crying. I could sense a mix of happiness and sadness coming from him. He definitely wished this had never happened.
"How are you? Are you hurting anywhere? Do you need me to bring you anything?", he asked me anxiously.
"I missed you too Zhongli", I said while putting my hand out to caress his cheek, giggling.
"I'm so glad you're awake...you don't understand how worried I were."
"Everything's alright now. I'm here."
Turns out I had been in a comma for about a month. Luckily, I was able to get out of the hospital after a week, under the condition I didn't show any more serious symptoms, such as intense pain or inability to walk properly. The time had come I could exit the hospital. My family wanted me to return back to Morepesok. However, in this specific time and moment of my life, Liyue was my home. I agreed to staying at Snezhnaya for a few weeks before taking my way back to Liyue Harbor. My parents tried helping me with founding a house but Zhongli reassured them he would be the one helping me out. My parents had already taken an extreme liking to him after seeing him watching over me constantly while I was in a comma. Everything went on smoothly and the day I returned back at Liyue Zhongli had already managed everything. He walked me to the house, hugged me and asked me multiple times to call him if anything happened.

ZHONGLI'S POV
The time had come for me to leave when I suddenly felt someone grappling my wrist.
"Please don't leave yet. I don't want to stay alone tonight.", Childe's eyes were watering and seeing his expression was making me upset. I never wanted to see this expression on him again.
"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, okay?", and with this we headed inside. Childe was so grateful for me taking care of the house, it was clean and the bed sheets had been changed. He asked if I was comfortable with holding him while he was trying to sleep. Liyue was undoubtedly his home, but returning here has brought back memories that he wasn't in the place to remember yet. Of course, I agreed without letting a second to pass.
Hours had passed and I was laying in the bed with Childe (Childe is the small spoon and Zhongli the big one hihi). I couldn't sleep, I was worried about him.
"Are you awake?", Childe slipped out out of the sudden.
"Yeah, couldn't sleep?"
"I was thinking things. You?"
"Me too."
He moved around in order to face me.
"I'm really thankful for everything you've done for me. And I'm sorry for being a burden to you"
What? How could he ever think that I thought of him as a burden. I love helping him, I love doing the slightest in order to make him feel better. I didn't want him to ever feel like he's holding me back. I hugged him tightly.
"What are you saying? I have never thought of you as a burden, and I never will. I  care about you. I don't want you to ever worry because I'll always be there for you, okay?", realizing what I had just said I added "...that is, if you want me to, of course".

CHILDE'S POV
I felt myself tearing up once again. Those words were everything I needed to hear, everything I had waited for him to tell me for a long time. "Of course I want you to be by my side dummy.", I said, hugging him ever more and more tightly and finally letting my tears get over me. I pulled back from the hug and tucked his hair behind his ear, following by caressing his cheek with my hand. I had noticed he really liked that. He would always tilt his head and close his eyes everytime I did it, showing how much he enjoyed it. I couldn't hold back anymore. I went in for a kiss. I could sense that he was socked, thinking of it as unexpected, but soon enough he was kissing me back. "I like you, I really really like you.". I had finally said what I wanted to do so for a long time now. "I like you too Childe, so so much".  It all felt like I was dreaming, but even if I were I wanted this dream to last forever. I wanted him to want me back, no, I needed him. I went back for a kiss, soon enough this had definitely turned into a making out session. We were both out of breath. "Maybe, we should take it slow. I want to give you sometime to find yourself out", Zhongli said. "Maybe you're right...", I responded, "...but can we make it official? I understand if the is all going to fast for you but I really w-", Zhongli has stopped me from talking by kissing me first this time. "Yeah let's make it official.".  And with that we went back to cuddling and soon enough sleeping peacefully while holding onto each other.

  And with that we went back to cuddling and soon enough sleeping peacefully while holding onto each other

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hello everyone, It's Eir!! I hope you're all having a great time. I'm sorry for taking so long to update, I understand whoever left, after all this is almost a two year old story, haha. This Monday I finally finished the exams to enter uni that I was constantly referring to. It was a really bad year for me and my mentality but I'm happy to be back. I'll try to continue the story the fastest I can but these days I have a lot of preparations for my graduation hehe. Maybe it will be longer than 10 chapters, I don't know yet. You'll have to wait and see;)