04 | WE'RE IN

SEASON FIVE, EPISODE TWO
__________

"HELP, ANYBODY! Help!" Someone in the distance was screaming.

The group was on the move again. They had stopped for the night, but the sun was now shining. In the night, Daryl had a feeling someone was watching them, but he didn't find a sign of anything.

"Dad, come on," Carl said. "Come on! Come on."

The screaming continued. The group ran to find the person in need. Vienna pulled her knife out of her sheath.

"Help! Help! Help! Anybody, help! Help! Help!"

The group ran quickly to find a man on a huge rock,walkers surrounding him. Walkers was what Rick's group had called them. She liked that much better than uglies. The group hurried and killed all of them.

"We're clear. Keep watch," Rick stated. "Come on down. You okay?"

The man held his finger up as a sign as one second. He then threw up all over the place. Vienna turned around and covered her ears. Somehow she could stand the smell and look of dead people, but when it came to vomit, no way.

When the man was done Vienna turned back around.

"Sorry," The man apologized. "Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel."

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick questioned.

Vienna noticed that Rick seemed to be the leader. She was fine with it. He seemed to make pretty good calls, and was good at getting them out of bad situations.

Gabriel chuckled. "Do I look like I would have any weapons?"

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like," Abraham said.

Vienna sometimes couldn't understand what Abraham was talking about. It was different than with Eugene. Eugene just used really big, complicated words. Abraham just stuck words that normally wouldn't go together to make a sentence.

"I have no weapons of any kind," Gabriel answered. "The word of God is the only protection I need."

Vienna didn't really believe in God. I mean if he did exist, why did he let the world turn out like this. Why did he let innocent people die.

"Sure didn't look like it." Daryl commented.

"I called for help. Help came," Gabriel looked around at the group. "Do you have- have any food? Whatever I- I had left, it just hit the ground."

"We've got some pecans," Carl handed the man some.

"Thank you," Gabriel said, taking the pecans.

Judith cooed in Tyreese's arms.

"That's a beautiful child," Gabriel admired the child.

Rick just stared at the man.

"Do you have a camp?" Gabriel questioned.

"No. Do you?"

"I have a church."

"Hold your hands above your head," Rick instructed. Rick then patted the man down. "How many walkers have you killed?"