Chapter 33

DALTON

“They’re finally asleep. You clearly didn’t make them dance enough.”

Elizabeth quietly closed the door to her room when she tip-toed in. We were staying here tonight. Although I didn’t care what apartment we stayed in, I just hated that we always had to pick a place to stay. Liz and I met with a real estate agent to see a few houses, but none of them were going to work for us. I had hope that we’d find one sooner than later. Until then we would just go back and forth, splitting our time between the two apartments. I guess once I get back to my normal job and have to work nights, it won’t suck to have Katie in a safe place overnight.

“For your information, the two of them danced until they dropped. That was the problem, they dropped in the car on the drive home and that ten minutes gave them all the energy in the world.”

Elizabeth giggled as she walked into the bathroom to finish getting ready for bed. Katie and I have been going to the Daddy and Daughter dance for years, but that was nothing compared to the night we had when Eva joined us. The only time the three of us left the dance floor is for food and drinks. I tried to use my leg as an excuse to sit down, but they both saw right through that. When the dance finally ended and we got in my car, I don’t even think I was out of the school parking lot before the two of them crashed. 

“You haven’t said much about the girl’s night,” I asked Elizabeth when she came back into the bedroom. She was wearing her trademark pajamas, cotton shorts, and a tank top. Her hair was contained in a loose ponytail. “They didn’t talk you out of falling for a firefighter, did they?”

She shook her head as she crawled into bed beside me, “I’m not sure there is anything they could say that would make me change my mind. I’m all in, Dalton, you know that.” She kissed me on the cheek and then settled into her side of the bed. “We had great food and great conversation. A lot of it was about Emory. She’s having a tough time with Callum.”

“What kind of tough time? I haven’t heard anything from Cody.”

“I don’t suspect that you ever will. She’s putting on a brave face and trying to do everything on her own. The poor girl convinced herself that this is some sort of payback for having a baby without the father involved.”

“That’s ridiculous.”

“I agree, but it’ll take more than a few of us telling her that for her to finally believe. I think Angela and Blair are going to keep a closer eye on her. I didn’t want to say anything tonight, but I think she might be dealing with some post-partum depression.”

“That’s not good. Is there anything we can do to help her?”

“That’s sweet of you for caring, Dalton, but I don’t think there is anything right now. I think I’m going to start going over there once a week or so, just to check in.”

I kiss her temple and put my arm around her shoulder, “You’ve got a big heart, Elizabeth. That’s part of the reason I love you.”

“Oh yeah,” she lifts up her eyebrows, “What are the other parts about me that you love?”

“How much time do we have, because it’s a long list.”

“Me? I have all night. You’re the one who might be out of energy. You did spend the night dancing away and everything,” she snickers.

In a swift move, I move her more toward the center of the bed and position myself on top of her. She yelps with surprise, but those yelps turn to moans when I start kissing down her neck. “I love how soft and tender your skin is and how it turns a sexy shade of pink when you’re turned on,” I glance up at her, “like it is right now.”

“Mmhmm, keep going,” she requests in a soft, breathy voice.

“I really love how perky these breasts are,” I slide my hand up her tank top and find her bare breast, knowing she doesn’t wear a bra to bed, “not to mention the way your nipples pebble up when I touch them.”

“Dalton…” she moans again.

“What’s that? Keep going?” I answer her non-question by moving further down her body, this time hooking my thumbs in the waistband of her shorts and her panties, sliding them down just to the point where I can see her bare core. “Don’t even get me started on the way you smell when you’re aroused. You’re wet for me, aren’t you, baby?” I don’t wait for a response, I slide my finger through her slit and sure enough, she’s wet and ready to go.

“Please, don’t tease me. You know I hate that.”

“Oh, I have zero intention of teasing you, Liz. I’m going to bury my face in your pussy until you’re screaming my name, though.”

I pulled down the shorts and panties, tossing off the bed and out of my way. Elizabeth sat up for a moment to remove her top, which meant I got to see the full, unobstructed view, of her natural beauty. I was craving her like a man starved for days and right now the meal I wanted was between her legs. Ignoring my cock straining against my boxers, I placed Elizabeth’s legs over my shoulders and made circles with my tongue around her clit. Her moans were muffled by the small pillow she grabbed to cover her mouth. These apartments were many things, but soundproof they were not.

I wasn’t going to let that stop me though. I used one hand to spread apart the lips of her pussy and dug my tongue in, lapping up the wetness created by her arousal. I worked my tongue in and out and made sure to use my thumb to add additional pressure to her clit. She was struggling to hold off her orgasm, but eventually, it was too much. Her fingers dug into my hair and I could feel the way her body spasmed when she was falling over the peak. 

“Dalton, oh god, Dalton,” her voice was strained, trying to keep it down through her orgasm. When I knew she was coming back down, I moved her legs off my shoulders and worked my way back up her body, pressing a kiss against her forehead. 

“I fucking love the nights that I get dessert.”

“Dessert?” she smirked, “I think that was just an appetizer because I’m ready for the main course now.” She reached between us and cupped my cock and now it was my turn to groan. “Don’t tell me you’re ready to fizzle out, big boy.”

“Fizzle out? I haven’t even started. Are you sure you’re not too tired for another orgasm?”

“Only one way to find out,” she bite her bottom lip, making me lose what was left of my self-control. My boxers were off and I buried my cock in her. She gasped at the first thrust, but as I pulled out and prepared to thrust inside her again, she dug her nails into my back to prepare herself. She’d fucking mark me, just how I liked it. I didn’t know I was the guy who liked to see scratch marks the next in the mirror the next morning, but here I am.

“Hold on, Liz, this isn’t going to be romantic.” I don’t think she needed me to prepare her. We had plenty of romantic and sweet nights, but tonight I just needed it hard and fast.

“I’m ready for whatever you want to give me, Dalton.” That was exactly what I wanted to hear as I thrust into her over and over. The sounds of our hushed moans were all I could hear while our bodies moved together. At one point I leaned down and grabbed her nipple with my teeth and gave it a little tongue. She paid my back by sinking her teeth into the flesh of my arm to keep herself from crying out when the second orgasm of the night hit. Once her pussy started squeezing my cock, I couldn’t hold on any longer, letting go and falling over into my own orgasm. 

Once my body crashed from the orgasm high, I fell down onto the bed and closed my eyes. I was only conscious enough to feel Elizabeth tuck into my side and tell me that she loved me. I only have enough energy to tell her that I loved her back before falling into a slumber.