saccharine

Their morning started out perfectly; as perfect as the single word could be defined.

"Lovie? Wake up, baby, I've only got twenty minutes left t'spare."

That effective sentence was what had awoken Louis from his peaceful slumber. The beam from the sun was entering their bedroom through the wide window, making him squint his eyes from the radiance. His mind was foggy, and he tried his hardest to blink as much exhaustion out of his eyes, but none of that mattered to him once seeing his soulmate knelt down right in front of him, forearms rested on the edge of the mattress as the man was crouched to the delightfulness of his eye level.

Louis indulged in taking a brief moment to admire Harry. The sunlight had invited itself to shine directly onto Harry' features, making his handsome charisma become tenfold. His work attire consisted of a gray, fitted suit with three of the beige buttons on his white dress shirt being undone; exposing bits of his tatted skin, chest hairs, along with his cross pendant including the bottle and cork necklace.

Not once since the night of their proposal had he'd taken it off, and neither had Louis. As the boy's eyes gazed over his lover's face, they landed on his warm, forest green eyes before glancing down at the even warmer smile that was solely for Louis; causing those breathtaking, little flutters to erupt in his tummy and chest. Signalling one thing and one thing only; that he was so irrefutably in love.

Louis greeted him, his raspy voice like heaven to Harry' ears. "Hi, pretty."

"Hi, prettiest. Good morning," Harry responded, a breathy chuckle escaping his throat. "Are you gonna get up for me? I don't have much time left, and I could really use some sugar from my sugar before I've gotta work for the next ten hours."

Louis blushed from his honeyed disclosure. He promised Harry that he would give him as much sugar as possible in their shortened time before hurrying into the bathroom. Once finished using the toilet and brushing his teeth, he rushed back out. Harry observed Louis with the utmost affection as the flower dressed himself in nothing but the man's loungewear. Wearing his Packers hoodie before stepping into a pair of Harry's boxers and pulling them over the black thongs he'd already been wearing.

And, if Harry didn't need to leave so shortly...

For the remaining of their cherished time, Harry sat down onto the edge of their bed with Louis in between his legs as he'd bent down to oblige to the sugar his man wished for. He held Harry's face into the palms of his small hands, cradling the shadow of his jaw whilst pecking his lips and reiterating the action until he could hear the lightest laughter emitting from the man. The deep chuckles had brought a wide grin to his own lips, causing them both to break out into blushing smiles; giggling against each other's lips.

Louis pressed one final, deep kiss onto his lips before he'd drawn back completely, leaving Harry to chase after the irresistible petals that he always craved. A peal of laughter left the flower as he'd let Harry kiss him once more for good measure.

He thumbed over the man's jawline, tenderly. "Was that enough sugar for you?"

"Fuckin' little menace, you know it wasn't."

Louis scoffed, lightheartedly, and leaned down to peck his lips again. He lingered their kiss for a long moment until pulling away.

"More,"

Louis laughed softly, and shook his head. "Don't be greedy." He mumbled, running his fingers over Harry's forehead to push his growing curls back some.

Harry closed his eyes at his touch, tightening his hands that were holding onto Louis's hips. He continued to bask in the feeling of his Flame massaging his scalp, a quiet groan leaving his lips as he moved forward and pushed his face into Louis's stomach; wrapping his arms around him to bring him even closer until his precious sugar's natural scent was all he could decipher.

"Tell me y'want me to stay," his muffled voice had spoken into their hoodie. He felt Louis stop the comforting motion of his hand to rest it against the rear of his head. "I want you to stay," he answered honestly; and, Harry didn't even need to see his boy to know that an amused smile was evident on his face. "Of course I do, but—"

Harry finished the sentence, "but, I need to go to work before I'm late."

"Precisely."

Louis cooed as Harry groaned again — louder, this time — and held even him closer, clearly not wanting to let him go. Soon, he had to, although much to his dismay. And, as he followed Louis down their staircase and into their living area, fingers interlocked, his heart warmed immensely when the sweetheart reassured him that he would be just fine, and the moment that he stepped back into their home later on, he would get even more sugar than he'd already bargained for.

That saccharine promise was more than enough for Harry to begin his day.

Hi, hello. Enjoy this short that I found in my docs whilst taking a short pause from writing angel's next chapter. I think I wrote it some time last year after their proposal (??). So precious, I had to share.

Be good, be loved, tpwk.

xoxo, trips.
🤍