on the first day, you told me (you were my twin flame from a past life)

Start from the beginning

You are smiling in your death, looking happier than you've ever been since the day they were born.

They knew their mother loved them, adored them really. They both looked exactly like their father. But they also knew that you loved your mate so much, and when you fell into that heat, you were desperately longing for a love that died in a time they were spared from. Seeing you smiling as you were, looking as if you were dreaming and sleeping peacefully in your old nest, made the mourning for the pups not so bad. They cremated their mother and scattered your ashes in the sea where their father's were taken as well.

♪So take me anywhere outside / I cannot kiss you yet, you're magic / So I'll just stare at you instead / I get insecure and panic♪

That was how your's and Eren's first lives ended. Eren wanted a better future for his mate and pups, while you only wanted your family to survive, even if you all had to remain behind the walls. Neither got what they wanted, but they both will get even more than that now, where the story truly begins.

2022 November 11 | Levi

♪'Cause I know you're too pure for this /You're too good for me / I'm too bad to keep / I'm too sad, lonely / I want you only / Ayy♪

"Goddamn it, Isabella! Get your ass out of bed and get ready for school! Farlan is already downstairs eating breakfast! We don't have all day to sleep in!" You slam your fists on the bedroom door to one of your housemates, shouting profanities you referred as motivation more than anything else as you prompted the redhead to get her ass out of bed.

"I'm up, I'm up. Gimme five minutes," she opens the door, yawning and rubbing her green eyes with a fist.

"All right," you mutter. "Hurry up. Five minutes," you give her, turning around and going back downstairs.

Farlan hands Isabel her plate as you grab your fresh cup of tea, peppermint filling your senses as you take a slow sip. You place it down beside your own plate and take a bite of your hash browns, picking your phone up with your other hand to message your other friend.

You: Hey, four eyes, how's your brother? Is he still sick? Or will you be in class today? (09:28 AM)

Shitty Glasses: He's still sick, sadly. He's also falling into his rut earlier than normal, so I have to spend a few more days keeping him hydrated and fed while he recovers. I'll see you when I get back. (09:29 AM)

You: All right. See you later, glasses. Tell the brat to get well soon so you can get back to classes and get your grades back up. (09:31 AM)

"Hanji's brother is sick and in rut," you murmur to Farlan and Isabel. "So it's just us three and Erwin," you add, finishing your breakfast. You pick your tea back up and finish it, the minty taste hitting your tongue in every drop you intake.

"Aww, poor boy. We have yet to meet the boy, right? Or is he a man? It's weird we don't know how old he is or what his name is," Isabel says as she gulps down the rest of her coffee.

You scratch your chin in thought and put your dishes in the dishwasher. "Yeah. You're right. She has a sister, too. A half-sister. And another half-brother. We've never actually met any of them. Why is that?"

You bend down to grab your shoes and put them on, slipping your jacket over your Falling In Reverse band tee. "I'll just wait in the car for you two. Don't take forever." You make sure you have everything in your messenger bag before you go outside, car keys in hand.

You start the car and get it warmed up for your friends while they finish getting ready. Once they're both inside, you send a message in the group chat made up of your friends that you're leaving before you reverse out and drive to school. One more week until Thanksgiving break, and then you'll be home to see your mother.